Senior Software Engineer - User Systems & Data
Los Gatos, CA
The big picture:
Productivity Engineering exists to maximize developer productivity by enabling engineers to spend more time helping Netflix entertain the world. The Developer Infrastructure & Tools team sits at the foundation of the developer experience at Netflix, providing critical infrastructure and tooling to all developers, including source code management, artifact management, issue tracking, documentation tools, and change management. The critical work we do ensures developers across Netflix can spend their time focusing on their specific areas of expertise and not worry about the underlying infrastructure and tooling for them to get their jobs done.
Our development environment is complex as are the infrastructure and tools that the team builds and operates. We are looking for an experienced, dynamic engineering manager to join our team that is comfortable with ambiguity, but also great at resolving ambiguity. We need someone that will help us realize the big opportunities we have in the evolving, developer productivity domain. Our team's success is dependent on the success of our customers. As such, we work very closely with our partner teams so it is essential that the manager is skilled at building strong relationships and fostering effective cross-team collaborations. We aren't looking for someone that wants to write code but has experience with change management, developer tools, and a solid track record of delighting customers.
Who you are:
• You have a passion for building and motivating teams to reach their potential
• You believe in collaboration and continuous improvement
• You lean heavily on iteration
• You believe failure is a part of learning
What you'll do:
• Create and promote a great work environment and positive team culture
• Build an exceptional team by recruiting, evaluating, and hiring stunning colleagues
• Partner with the Developer Infrastructure & Tools engineers to create direction for the team and a plan that can be delivered on and iterated on as things change
• Partner closely with Product management to insure alignment with the broader goals of the Productivity Engineering team
• Listen to your customer base to identify their needs and advocate for their success through the products you build
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.