Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with over 247 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films, and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
The Policy Strategy Partners (PSP) team sits in Netflix's policy team, with a global, central function to provide substantive advice, industry and business acumen, strategic vision, global connectivity and intelligence to our regional policy teams and the business as a whole.
Note that this opportunity can be based in Amsterdam or London.
We are seeking a Manager to sit in the Corporate Public Policy team within PSP to help design and implement strategic positioning and advocacy efforts. The Corporate Public Policy Team serves as a resource for colleagues around the world, in many other teams across the business, within the Legal team, and for regional and country policy leads, in areas including trade, competition, consumer, self-regulatory frameworks, ESG & sustainability, and tax policy. The Corporate Public Policy Team also leads the company's engagements with multilateral organizations such as the OECD and UN.
The PSP team is highly integrated and collaborative. The role will also work closely with other parts of the PSP and Public Policy teams (including other subject matter areas, such as payments and production incentives) in developing analysis and collaborating on engagements and responses.
In this role, you will:
• Partner with business and corporate teams such as Corporate Legal and Tax, as well as the Public Policy team - especially the regional and country policy leads - to translate & distill salient policy developments in national and international fora into Netflix engagement strategies & tactics
• Support the Director, Corporate Public Policy, in policy and advocacy development efforts for the subject matter areas within the Corporate Public Policy portfolio
• Partner with business and corporate teams to develop and implement our strategies around regulatory developments in these subject matter areas
• Support the broader Public Policy team on the policy areas within the Corporate Public Policy portfolio, including tracking country-level developments, developing analyses & collateral for meetings with stakeholders, and partnering with business and corporate teams on engagements in key initiatives such as the OECD international framework
• Maintain and strengthen relationships with external stakeholders to improve awareness and understanding of Netflix's businesses and policy positions
• Partner with business and corporate teams, and our Communications team, to develop and refine our messaging around these complex public policy topics
• Degree in Public Policy, Politics, Economics, Law, International Relations, or a related field
• Proven years of experience in public policy
• Working knowledge of the global media and entertainment industry and its regulatory landscape
What will put you ahead:
• Experience in a law firm, international or regional organization, or a large multinational corporation with in-house experience
• Proven track record of developing and implementing successful public policy strategies for one or more issues areas either as an individual or as a people manager
• Proven track record and expertise in the areas of Consumer Policy or Tax Policy
• Experience working specifically within public policy development or advocacy functions
We need someone who:
• Can hit the ground running and work autonomously but is also a great team player.
• Can work cross-functionally with a variety of teams and synthesize the views into a holistic Netflix position on policy.
• Is used to working alongside creative, legal and business execs in setting context around the changing regulatory frameworks and spotting global themes.
• Is willing to travel internationally.
• Is intellectually curious, demonstrates great initiative and will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8nb66-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.