The Content Strategy, Planning & Analysis team is looking for a Manager for the Programming Strategy & Research team. Working across the Content Strategy organization and in close partnership with our Data and Engineering teams, this role leads our company-wide slating and scheduling efforts to determine the ideal content schedule for our Netflix subscribers. Additionally, this individual will lead a team that develops tools and strategies to monitor and advise on Content Investment and Programming Strategy based on both internal and competitive insights. Senior leadership depends heavily on this team to accurately model and forecast the business as well as to lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business decisions.
This role will reside in Netflix's Los Angeles office.
A sample of work could include:
• Manage company-wide scheduling and slating conversations, adjusting slating decisions based on internal frameworks and metrics as well as conversations with our creative executives.
• Lead development of analytical frameworks around content programming, especially as it pertains to combining our internal data with third party data.
• Develop a deep understanding of industry trends and competitive strategies to inform content investment decisions.
• Work cross-functionally with our Data Engineering & Infrastructure and Science & Algorithms teams to assist in advanced analytics and optimization of tools and processes.
• Create insightful presentations that summarize analyses and present them to senior business leaders.
• Develop associates on the team: establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback.
• 7-10 years of experience in finance, strategy, and/or consulting roles. For candidates with MBAs, prefer candidates with 1-4 years post-MBA experience.
• Expertise in the media industry (having worked in a studio, production company, agency, distributor) is a plus though not required.
• Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely.
• Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly ''roll up their sleeves'' to perform more routine tasks in the same day that they are asked to prepare analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation. MBA preferred but not required.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check on you prior to starting with us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1on4-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.