The Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for a Manager to join its Southeast Asia / Australia & New Zealand (SEA/ANZ) team based in Singapore. Content Strategy & Analysis is the team in charge of the valuation and analytical strategy behind our content buying and original content decisions for our local content in the region. The team works cross-functionally to translate the incredible amount of data at Netflix into financial and strategic decisions regarding the production and acquisition of TV shows and films. Content Strategy & Analysis also evaluates the general programming and content strategy, in addition to leading competitive analysis. We partner closely with the senior leadership of Netflix who depend heavily on the strategic insights we provide to inform critical business decisions across the company.
This person will have a high degree of visibility with senior management which uses the team's analysis and insights to inform important business decisions, such as the management of our local and regional content investment models.
This role will reside in Netflix's Singapore office and involves close coordination with members of the Content Strategy & Analysis team in both Asia and the US. You will report to the Director, Content Strategy & Analysis for Asia Pacific, currently based in Seoul.
• Lead deal analysis and valuation of new projects in partnership with the Creative and Business Affairs teams
• Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends, and performance indicators
• Develop a deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities
• Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
• Develop and manage team members: establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback
• Work cross-functionally with other CS&A teams globally as well as Product, Marketing, Consumer Insights teams.
• 8-10 years of experience in finance, strategy, and/or consulting roles. For candidates with MBAs, typically we would look at candidates with 1-4 years post-MBA experience
• Expertise in the entertainment industry (having worked in a studio, production company, agency, distributor) is a plus, though not required
• Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
• Superb financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• The successful candidate must display, through attitude and accomplishments, strong initiative for anticipating and meeting the business demands of senior-level business managers. He or she must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly ''roll up their sleeves'' to perform more routine tasks on the same day that they are asked to prepare an analysis and a presentation to the executives of the company. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• Exceptional proficiency with MS Excel & PowerPoint; working knowledge of statistics and analysis packages
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation. MBA preferred but not required.
• Genuine passion and excitement for Netflix's unique culture
• English language fluency mandatory; other SEA language proficiency is a strong plus
• Passion for content with ideally a good knowledge of local shows from the region
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1okn-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.