Senior Software Engineer, Content Acquisition Engineering
Remote / Virtual
Who are we?
With more than 1000 original titles across the world, Content Data Engineering org helps in the decision-making cycle of what content will be green-lit and ultimately be available for our diverse member base.
The Content Knowledge Graph team, part of the larger Content Data Engineering Org, is focused on building rich, connected, and easily accessible data about content around the world. This connected data is used across multiple functions, from getting content onto the service to feature development for statistical models. The scope of this team's work is rapidly growing and there are many opportunities for impacting Netflix's growing global audience and slate of Originals. We need an innovative leader, with knowledge graph experience, to drive the team's evolution in a quickly evolving business.
Who are you?
• Beyond talented, you are curious, creative, and tenacious
• You are experienced in hiring and leading high-caliber data teams with diverse technical strengths
• A role model for integrity. You have great judgement and can make tough decisions without agonizing
• You have strong beliefs that are weakly held: you can argue, and hear, all sides of a debate and adapt to new perspectives that emerge from it
• You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and fast-changing context
• You enjoy working on hard problems with new tech, but what really drives you is creating levers for making big impact
What will you do?
• Provide technical vision and strategy for building a content knowledge graph that is integrated throughout human and machine-driven decisions
• Balance immediate stakeholder needs vs longer term vision
• Lead a dream team of software,machine learning, and data engineers to execute on your vision
• Grow and mentor this team through thoughtful observation and courageous, honest feedback
• Build software and social glue between a diverse set of engineering, data science, content partners to support decisions affecting billions of dollars in investment in subscriber joy
What (ideally) do you know?
• Domains related to information retrieval, machine learning, entity resolution, natural language processing, ontology
• How to build and implement models and systems to build a knowledge/identity graph
• How to work with analytics practitioners in various contexts
• A collection of Big Data tech (S3, Spark, Elasticsearch, graph databases)
• Cloud based (AWS) application development
• Team based software development tools and best practices
Netflix offers amazing colleagues, constantly evolving technology, fascinating analytical and technical challenges, and a Freedom & Responsibility culture that is truly unique. Our culture is an integral part of what makes us successful, and we approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that bringing together different perspectives and backgrounds helps build stronger teams. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You can learn more about the Netflix culture at jobs.netflix.com/culture.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 195+ million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.