Manager, Payments - & Africa
At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment by bringing top-quality global content to virtually every country around the world. We are looking for new talent to join our Content Accounting team to help us as we grow our content slate in EMEA. The Content Accounting team is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of content and content-related transactions in accordance with US GAAP. The team is seeking a Manager to add to our growing team in Amsterdam.
Do you want to have a leadership role in assessing and deciding how we account for content in our financial statements? Are you curious and invested in and looking to contribute to automated workflows for Accounting? Do you enjoy using and analyzing data to affect critical business decisions? If yes, we are looking for you to join other stunning colleagues here at Netflix who share a passion to continue to build an expertise in streamed content accounting and to join our first Content Accounting team based outside of the US.
This role provides you the chance to be a leader on a team that is committed to transforming and redefining the perception of what entertainment is around the world and how it can be enjoyed through the Netflix service. With continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing and worldwide expansion, it's a great time for you to join Netflix.
• Maintain cross-functional relationships with teams in our various EMEA offices, including the content finance/EMEA finance, tax, legal and content acquisition organizations. This will be across content verticals, as well as studio teams.
• Assist the Los Angeles based accounting team members in ensuring the financial integrity of the company's content commitments, assets (capitalization), liabilities (payments), and expenses (amortization).
• Oversee the accounting of content and content-related contracts for our licensed and owned titles coming out of our EMEA region.
• Review documentation of content agreements, which includes interpreting contractual terms and understanding the application of our accounting policies.
• Drive process improvements and contribute to exciting projects that achieve scalability and efficiency, system design and core accounting framework and management reporting.
• You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in accounting backed by a Bachelor / Academic degree in accounting or business economics and on track for completion (or already completed) post graduate degree RA/CA/CPA or equivalent. Some public accounting experience is highly preferred.
• Entertainment experience is not required (but preferred), however, you must have a strong accounting background and be comfortable navigating technical accounting guidance under IFRS (with a strong understanding of the differences to US GAAP).
• You have strong communication skills (both written and oral) and are viewed as a strong cross-functional business partner.
• You are never satisfied with the status quo; you are always thinking of how to make existing processes better (more efficient and meaningful) and you are open to new or challenging ideas as presented by others.
• You have keen judgment, make sound independent decisions, and know how to listen to others, prioritize issues and when to escalate matters.
• You are comfortable with analyzing data to make informed conclusions. You are curious and deeply invested in learning about things beyond your own area of responsibility.
• Flexible to collaborate with our US and other offices across multiple time zones. Willingness to travel to our offices within Europe and overseas.
• You embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1135v-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.