Are you excited about how great entertainment is created, and technology enables consumers to discover and enjoy it? Do you want to help tell the story of a company delivering joy to its millions of members all over the world and setting new standards for its industry? Are you exceptional at planning and implementing great campaigns that shift how people think about brands? If so, we have an opportunity on our growing communications team.
The Manager, Communications (Corporate + Advertising) will be a member of our lean but effective US PR team. We tell our product, financial, innovation, and culture stories, and work closely with many different teams, including publicity, product and marketing. In addition to helping define the Netflix narrative, this role will manage communications around our new advertising plan, executive support, issues management and more.
Our ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, strong communicator, and a relationship builder, who can be a trusted partner and adviser to teams across multiple disciplines. We're looking for a creative team player who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is an entrepreneurial self-starter unafraid to take calculated risks. This role can be based out of our Los Angeles or New York office, and reports to the Director of Corporate Communications.
• Partner closely with executives on our Advertising team to manage communications surrounding our new ad supported offering.
• Manage and maintain exceptional relationships with business and trade media, as well as key industry influencers - becoming a great Netflix advocate with these audiences.
• Proactively identify, map and preempt issues that could enhance or hurt the Netflix brand.
• Devise and implement campaigns that help define the Netflix narrative with the media, our industry, partners and third parties. While the primary focus of this role is the US, our titles, service and business are global, so you will work closely with teams in other countries to ensure the consistency of our campaigns.
• Write and shape our key corporate communications materials.
• Serve as external spokesperson for the company.
• 7+ years of experience in communications, preferably within media, advertising, entertainment and/or technology industries
• Significant tenure handling communications for the revenue & advertising industry
• Strong understanding of the state of media and advertising and importance in communicating the value of advertising innovation
• Ability to leverage insights, develop and secure stories aligned to company priorities
• Good track record in handling and successfully delivering on a high volume of complex projects and tasks
• Clear and concise communication style that can effectively convey complex ideas written and verbally
• Meticulous organizational skills, good judgment of brand and comms risks, and effective time management
• Have a point of view, and able to offer their unique perspective and voice
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb62qo-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.