Do you want to help tell the story of Netflix? Do you enjoy shaping communications strategy and messaging? Are you a pop culture junkie? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? If so, we may have just the opportunity for the right person on the communications team.
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to more than 204 million streaming members in over 190 countries. This is the total package -- a great opportunity to join a team that is spearheading and handling communications for a fast-growing and highly admired company. And you'll get to work with some of the most exciting and creative people in the business.
We are looking for a talented communications executive with a strong understanding and relationship with consumer, lifestyle and trade media across the US The Manager will play a critical role on the team responsible for developing press stories, narratives, and campaigns around the role Netflix plays in transforming entertainment. This role requires a fluency around our content, and a strategic mind that can take data and insights to create meaningful PR campaigns. The role will also work closely with our film, series, social media, brand and marketing teams.
• Lead proactive storytelling with consumer, lifestyle and broadcast media for Netflix
• Partner closely with social media and marketing teams to create 360 campaigns
• Write and own actionable communications project briefs, seeing the whole process through from start to finish
• Cultivate and manage relationships with relevant reporters
• Stay current on trends, social issues, and industry news so that you have your finger on the pulse of current events and how to think big and creatively for proactive campaigns.
• Manage daily incoming media inquiries relating to executives; and generate creative, proactive ideas and media opportunities for how executives show up publicly
• The successful candidate will likely have 8+ years of experience in an in-house and/or agency setting used to working in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
• Proven ability to secure feature storiesHave a deep understanding and expertise of the US media landscape -- day-to-day media contacts in broadcast, print and digital are a mustA knowledge and understanding of integrated brand campaigns, marketing and social media.
• Have experience managing PR media campaigns from strategy development through execution -- fluency in social media and marketing is important in order to partner effectively on campaigns.
• Be confident and creative in writing, capable of crafting everything from executive messaging to consumer facing newsletters, press releases and everything in between.
• Love brands, appreciate a good brief and understand what to do with a genuine insight
• Really love entertainment...broad knowledge of TV/film, entertainment, pop culture and lifestyle trends is expected and being a TV, movie or Netflix junkie is even better.
Netflix offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, stock options, 401K (with match), comprehensive benefits and relocation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p5zn-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.