Production Clearance Analyst
With over 200 million memberships in over 190 countries, it is an exciting time to work at Netflix. Our international efforts have brought Netflix to virtually all countries around the globe and we are excited to bring even more of our Originals programming to our viewers everywhere.
Netflix has been growing in India over the last four years; as part of the Mumbai-based team, you will help define the Netflix brand and shape the future of entertainment in an environment where collaboration between legal and business thrives. The Mumbai team will have the opportunity to grow India into one of Netflix's leading markets.
Netflix seeks a seasoned and intellectually curious attorney to join Netflix's growing Indian content initiative, focused on licensing and creating local language series and other content for the India market. Eg. Sacred Games, Delhi Crime etc.
Reporting to the Director - Business and Legal Affairs - India, they will be a key member of the Local Original Series, Business and Legal Affairs team and will work closely alongside business and creative partners, producers and local counsel to structure content agreements and harmonize Netflix objectives within production frameworks, with a focus on India. In doing so, they will be responsible for learning and implementing the legal landscape and production customs necessary to develop and produce local content for Netflix's global digital streaming platform. As a result, the ideal candidate will be very comfortable counseling business partners, collaborating with global partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impact.
The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial organization and thrive in communicating in a global environment.
The candidate will ideally have 8+ years of broad‐based media & entertainment experience in commercial and contract negotiations with production companies, talent, and related contractual engagements specifically linked to production. Prior experience in fiction/ non-fiction / unscripted shows, film production, licensing will be preferred.
The Successful Candidate should have:
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise
• Strong communication skills (candor, honesty, tact)
• Strong analytical (strategic and creative) capabilities and judgment
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in a small group, tackle all challenges and take initiative
• Ability to work closely with and manage outside counsel
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented
• Adaptable negotiation style
• Passion for Netflix's strategy and different cultures
• Comfortable traveling internationally (once safe)
• Working knowledge of Intellectual Property Laws in India
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
• Contract structuring, drafting, negotiation and execution, with a focus on production.
• Conducting industry and territory-specific research
• Working cross-functionally to maintain alignment between departments
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary