We are seeking an experienced Manager, Anime Production Management to join the Production Management team to manage both internal and third party co-produced Netflix Original Anime titles. Responsibilities include establishing and curating relations with producers and production companies, reviewing budgets, and supporting/suggesting best production practices. The position will work closely with our Creative, Post Production, and other internal teams along with producers to ensure efficient delivery.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 220+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, able to exercise good judgment, initiative, and has an in-depth knowledge of Anime and production process.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Pre Production/Setup of Show
• Work with Finance, Legal, Creative, Engineering, Post & external production teams on establishing key production schedules and workflows and maximizing budget to spend as much on screen as possible
• Work with Showrunners and Line Producers to prepare and vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
• Review creative/scripts & begin defining series budgets
• Collaborate with internal teams and our production partners to lock the budget
• Track & manage all costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of the status
• Review cost reports and trackers on a weekly basis
• Help ensure that productions run smoothly, meet deadlines and stay within budget
• Create/Help inform and draft production and post schedule
• Collaborate with internal teams and external production team to lock schedule
• Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
• Lead or assist with search and hire of key production staff
• Determine key vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues
• Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
• Set up and attend key creative approval sessions
• Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
• 10 Years + experience in anime production
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment simultaneously supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both HD and 4K productions, within an Anime production environment
• Knowledge of 2D Anime productions is an advantage
• Access to a long roster of high-quality vendors and talent throughout Japan
• Ability to respond after-hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to travel, as external conditions permits
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and gear
• Fluent in Japanese; Business level English is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1b34y-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.