At Netflix, our mission is to entertain the world by connecting our members to an extensive library of amazing stories from all over the globe. We are revolutionizing storytelling as we deliver billions of hours of movies and TV shows per month to 200+ million members across 190+ countries in 30+ languages. Developing data-driven algorithms and systems to help Netflix creators produce shows and movies in line with their vision is an important part of that mission.
The Studio Media Algorithms team is at the forefront of innovation to enhance and support the vision of the creators of movies, TV shows, and other multimedia content. This team's work is responsible for increasing member value, and driving efficiency of the content creation process, ultimately creating more joy for viewers all over the world.
We are looking for an experienced manager with successful experience in leading scientists and engineers in the ML, computer vision (CV), and/or computer graphics (CG) domain. In this role, you will lead and grow a high-impact team to develop algorithms that help storytellers around the world create unique content that our members around the world enjoy. The goal is to aid artists by allowing them to focus on the more creative aspects of production, and also enabling new possibilities in creation through innovation and collaboration. The team partners with the creative teams in our Netflix Studio as well as the product management and engineering teams to identify and prioritize areas of impact and develop and test new algorithms and tools.
To be successful you will need a strong background in machine learning/computer vision/graphics, engineering, and leadership that aligns with our unique culture - be great at empowering others, giving and receiving feedback, fostering inclusion, championing new and diverse ideas, and balancing the needs of both research and engineering.
• Lead a team of researchers and engineers with expertise in various disciplines, such as ML/DL, CV, and Graphics that leverage algorithms to assist content creation.
• Grow the team by attracting diverse and outstanding talent in the field.
• Provide mentorship to individual contributors on the team and guide technical thinking.
• Foster an inclusive environment, where all viewpoints are welcomed and encouraged.
• Partner closely with business stakeholders and engineering teams to integrate work outputs into the content production workflow.
• Provide thought leadership and identify new areas where algorithms can play a significant role.
• Work with senior management and executives to develop the technology vision for the Netflix Studio.
• Think broadly about the Netflix business and contribute to efforts beyond your domain.
What we are looking for:
• Demonstrated leadership experience in building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring applied research teams
• Expertise in computer vision or computer graphics, deep familiarity with machine learning fundamentals, and experience of impactful R&D as an individual and/or technical lead
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to inspire and influence without authority
• Strong business acumen and ability to identify and prioritize areas of high impact and define metrics for success
• Experience in collaboration with technical and non-technical partners, creatives, and senior leaders
Even better if you have experience with one or more of:
• Research experience with a successful track record of delivering business impact and/or academic publications in top CV, ML, or CG venues
• Individual contribution of leadership in the multi-media content production domain
• Software engineering in languages such as Python, Java, or C++ and deep learning tools such as PyTorch and TensorFlow
• Passion for movies/TV/video games!
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $360,000 - $920,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzbqx2-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.