Product Legal Director
Los Gatos, CA
We are looking for a Legal Technology Manager responsible for driving progress on Legal Operations and Technology roadmap initiatives focused on increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
This position is intended to be a general technologist role and will involve managing multiple systems, having familiarity with a variety of technologies, and running projects across all legal areas supported by Legal Operations. The candidate must be a clear, concise communicator and have a passion for excellence and innovation.
• Assist in the overall strategic direction of the technology roadmap as part of the larger Legal Operations & Technology team strategy
• Assist in deriving business requirements as they relate to product functionality within the Legal department, as well as identifying new applications and enhancements to existing applications that could increase the productivity of the team
• Partner with stakeholders, both inside and outside of Legal, to address needs and coordinate on roadmap definition
• Work collaboratively with Engineering, Product, Employee Tech, Data Science and Analytics, HR, and Finance on seeing above stakeholder needs come to fruition in existing or new solutions
• Responsible for configuration, administrative management, maintenance and continuous improvements for legal ops processes and third party technology solutions
• Evaluate, test, train, implement and support technology solutions
• Execute high priority, strategic, and process improvement projects across Legal with a focus on building a core legal data set
• Build and maintain knowledge of critical upstream/downstream systems and workflows
• Understand data models and have the ability to pull data for analysis, metrics, and visualization
• Liaise with legal stakeholders, Product & Engineering teams and other relevant cross-functional teams as needed where downstream/cross-functional impact exists (e.g. Data Science and Engineering, Studio Training, Content Acquisition, Finance, Title Operations, etc.) to inform the short and long-term product vision.
• B.A. or B.S. degree or relevant experience.
• 7+ years technical experience in any of the following roles:, system administration/configuration, project management, operations (general or legal), tech operations, solutions management, tech program management in the legal ecosystem. Technology or entertainment company experience preferred.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills.
• Proven track record of breaking down complex processes and identifying key pain points and driving solutions to deliver business improvements at a global level.
• Extensive SQL expertise.
• Experience working with cloud and on-prem technology solutions.
• Experience with common legal technologies (e.g., deal management, rights management, e-billing, contract and document management, self-service contracting, e-signature, knowledge management, etc.) is a plus.
• Enthusiastic flexibility amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1kqm-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.