Staff Software Engineer, Distributed Systems
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a Legal Operations Manager responsible for driving progress on Legal Operations and Technology roadmap initiatives focused on increasing efficiency and effectiveness for the Content/Studio and Marketing Legal departments.
While this position will be focused on initiatives benefiting the Content/Studio & Marketing Legal departments, it is also intended to be a generalist role and will involve managing projects across other legal areas supported by the Legal Operations team. The candidate must be a clear, concise communicator and have a passion for excellence and innovation.
• Assist in deriving business requirements as they relate to product functionality within the Content/Studio & Marketing Legal teams, as well as identify new applications and enhancements to existing applications that could increase the productivity of the teams.
• Responsible for execution of Legal Operations and Technology roadmap initiatives as they intersect with the Content/Studio & Marketing Legal teams' processes and technology, both existing and prospective.
• Lead stakeholder focus groups with a goal of identifying inefficiencies and and streamlining workflows to make them more conducive to technology and automation
• Coordinate closely with the Engineering Product Managers and Data Specialists to prioritize and track status of projects, tasks and timelines for deliverables - ultimately to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
• Align opportunities of the Content/Studio & Marketing Legal teams across current suite of products which could include any of the following: workflow automation, document and contract lifecycle management, IP/rights management, deal management, business insights dashboard and the creation of structured legal data.
• Liaise with legal stakeholders, Product & Engineering teams and other relevant cross-functional teams as needed where downstream/cross-functional impact exists (e.g. Data Science and Engineering, Studio Training, Content Acquisition, Finance, Title Operations, etc.) to inform the short and long-term product vision.
• Build and maintain knowledge of critical upstream/downstream systems and workflows and lead process improvement initiatives with Legal stakeholders and cross-functionally.
• Provide legal operations program support by identifying and executing high priority strategic and process improvement projects across Legal with a focus on building a core legal data set.
• This role may also include evaluation, testing, training, implementation and support for technology solutions.
• B.A. or B.S. degree or relevant experience.
• 5+ years experience in the areas of project management, operations (general or legal), tech operations, solutions management, tech program management in-house or at a law firm. Technology or entertainment company experience preferred.
• Experience working with cloud-based and on-prem legal department technology solutions (e.g., deal management, rights management, e-billing, contract and document management, self-service contracting, e-signature, knowledge management, etc.).
• Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills.
• Proven track record of breaking down complex processes and identifying key pain points and driving solutions to deliver business improvements at a global level.
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.