At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment with one simple goal: to bring people joy. Our international efforts have brought Netflix's service and award-winning Originals programming to viewers in over 190 countries. To bring joy to global audiences, we need truly global content; that doesn't always come from Hollywood. As we scale our original content in India, our IP and Music teams are in search of a Legal Analyst in Mumbai.
You will support vital components of our intellectual property and music practice, and be an integral resource for Netflix's IP and Music legal team in India. You are at heart, a practical problem solver. Your eye for detail and exceptional organizational talent mean that you excel at quickly helping to piece together the jigsaw puzzle of sticky coordination and legal tools' issues. You think outside the box, challenge long-standing assumptions, and look for opportunities to innovate. You also have experience of communicating across different levels of the business with diverse viewpoints. The successful candidate will be one who loves working in an environment where freedom and responsibility are tenets and passion and curiosity are mandates. The role is ideal for someone who is comfortable in a constantly changing environment. Occasional travel may be required.
A lawyer with PQE of 3 to 5 years preferably from the Media & Entertainment industry or a law firm background which specializes in M&E practice.
• Basic understanding of how the Indian content & music industry works; and how content and music is developed and produced;
• Basic understanding of Indian contracts law, copyright law, music and content exploitation rights;
• Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail while working on multiple projects simultaneously;
• Knowledge about creating, managing, maintaining and innovating the IP and Music teams' tools and trackers;
• Specializing in legal data entry creation and updation;
• Coordinating with the internal stakeholders such as IP and Music legal counsels, Content team and Marketing team for music clearance, title clearance and claims tendering;
• Coordinating with the production houses' legal teams on documents for music and production clearances;
• Demonstrate ability to drive efficiency and think strategically about IP and Music legal tools and database;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively work collaboratively and cross-functionally with people having diverse viewpoints and interests;
• Curious and eager to tackle matters outside the area of expertise;
• Sense of humour!