Software Engineer L4 / L5 Production Engineering
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is almost everywhere. Serving more than 200 million customers in over 190 countries on multiple device types devices such as Smart TVs, set-top boxes, apps on phones, tablets, and computers. Netflix is striving to deliver the vision of #NetflixEverywhere. The engineers that create this service require world-class environments and access to thousands of devices to perfect the Netflix experience.
Netflix needs talented and driven individuals that can help take our internal development environments to the next level. We support these efforts by maintaining extensive device labs with thousands of production, development, and custom home-grown hardware. We also keep the physical and logical infrastructure highly available and healthy so our engineers can access the devices they need easily and reliably.
• Deploy new devices and provide hands-on support for pools of streaming devices.
• Continuously improve our testing environments and infrastructure as it relates to device capacity, reliability, and efficiency.
• Create monitors and respond to alerts for our labs. Troubleshoot issues in our device labs that may involve networking services, power issues, firmware, and automation software.
• Create tools and scripts to automate away the manual elements of your job.
• Be part of a weekly on-call rotation for the device labs.
• Assist in assembly of prototyping systems and projects in the Labs team.
• Support engineers for ad-hoc projects and debugging work.
• This team has a business-critical function so you will not be able to work remotely.
• Work off a ticketing system to manage and update your projects/ tasks.
What you need to have
• Hands-on experience with managing and troubleshooting network devices: game consoles, CE devices, mobile devices, Linux servers, network switches/routers.
• Experience with ADB and other related tools that manage devices.
• 2+ years experience with command line tools in Unix or network devices.
• Experience automating tasks through shell scripts or python.
• Basic networking fundamentals knowledge (CAT6, RJ45, router, LAN, WAN, DHCP, DNS, and other network services)
• Basic network/audio & video troubleshooting and installation skills
• Critical thinker and problem solver - We want candidates who always think of ways to improve a current process, both short term and long term.
• Evidence of the ability to work independently.
• Experience using basic hand tools (i.e. cordless drills, sockets, drivers, measuring, etc.)
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Customer service experience working directly with internal and external customers.
• Bonus: Experience working in data centers or high availability environments.
• Able to work through ambiguity and make informed decisions with the information at hand, even if it isn't the whole picture, a problem solver / decision maker.
• At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $90,000 - $900,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpex1o-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $90,000 to $900,000 Per Year ($ USD)