Lab Engineer, Test (L5)
Netflix is almost everywhere. Serving more than 200 million customers in over 190 countries on multiple device types such as Smart TVs, set-top boxes, phones, tablets, and computers. Netflix is striving to deliver the vision of #NetflixEverywhere.
We want to delight our customers with a service that just works, always. The Lab Operations team helps to support these efforts by maintaining extensive device labs with thousands of production, development, and custom home-grown hardware devices. We also keep the physical and logical infrastructure highly available and healthy so our engineers can access the devices they need easily and reliably. The team collaborates with stakeholders across the globe to deliver streaming, Games, and Live Netflix events on their devices, which is a core part of the Netflix experience.
Your Role and Opportunity
As a Lab Engineer in Test, your focus will be testing Live events across various devices and track defects and inconsistencies in functionality. You will help to improve test case coverage and offer guidance to convert manual tests to automation. You will collaborate with various engineering teams at Netflix and have the opportunity to influence and contribute to our specialized tools.
You will also help support our device labs across the Los Gatos campus. You will deploy new devices and provide hands-on support for pools of streaming devices. Lab Engineers continuously improve our test environments and infrastructure to increase device capacity, reliability, and efficiency.
Learn more about life at Netflix here.
• Conduct manual testing on multiple platforms and hardware device types.
• Develop and execute test plans based on feature requirements and technical specifications.
• Identify, log, and track defects and inconsistencies in functionality.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent user experiences.
• Analyze test results and provide reports on test results including logging.
• Recommend improvements in playback to enhance user experience.
• 3+ years of experience in a software or hardware QA testing role.
• Proficient understanding of QA testing methodologies and techniques.
• Experience in creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
• Demonstrated ability to document and troubleshoot errors.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively within a team.
• Hands-on experience with managing and troubleshooting network devices: game consoles, CE devices, mobile devices, Linux servers, network switches/routers.
• Experience with automated testing tools.
• Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing.
• Critical thinker and problem solver - We want candidates who always think of ways to improve a current process, both short term and long term.
• Evidence of the ability to work independently.
• Evidence of good collaboration and communication skills.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - $600,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r145ey-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.