Netflix is the world's leading internet television network. With more than 190 million subscribers in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to work at Netflix. We are looking for a motivated, highly-organized, quick-thinking associate to join our Regulatory Compliance team to handle consumer claims and general regulatory inquiries. The ideal candidate has a ''hands-on'' attitude and welcomes the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and highly collaborative organization that values high performance and is built around a culture of freedom and responsibility.
• Responsible for handling consumer claims in forms of litigation, mediation, and general regulatory inquiries.
• Act as legal liaison and partner with the CS teams to investigate, draft, and respond to consumer claims and other legally sensitive consumer complaints.
• While reviewing the claims, proactively utilize customer service tools and other internal resources necessary to investigate them.
• Organize, log, and maintain accurate data regarding the volume and types of consumer claims for reporting purposes (including high-level presentations) and to drive product and customer experience improvements.
• Work closely with engineering teams across the company to help build and test relevant tools (as needed).
• Maintain and update internal documentation including case-specific documents, as well as summaries of legal research.
• 3+ years of post-qualification legal experience. The Korean bar is preferred, though candidates qualified in other jurisdictions with experience in law firms or in-house technology or entertainment companies in Korea are also welcomed.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills in both English and Korean.
• Excellent communication skills, including patience and an ability to explain legal requirements clearly and effectively to a non-legal audience;
• Superior organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and a mindset that processes can always be improved;
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with peers, customers, attorneys, and other parts of the business;
• Solution-driven mindset and the ability to think practically, work independently with little guidance, but also to use good judgment to escalate issues when needed;
• Thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Flexibility and willingness to provide administrative support on a broad range of legal matters;
• Strong Netflix culture fit aligned with Netflix's culture memo.