Manager of Programming & Operations
Los Angeles, CA
Being on our IT team at Netflix means more than being a technology expert. It also means being passionate about service to others.
Netflix is on the hunt for a smart, motivated, customer-centric team member to take on our Operations & Support (OS) Specialist role to provide exceptional service to our stunning colleagues and partners. This position will be based out of our Los Angeles office, with some travel.
The OS team is responsible for thousands of systems globally, continually researching, reviewing, and refreshing technology to ensure our employees have the best tools and equipment needed to stay highly productive. We seize opportunities to innovate in Netflix's unique fast-paced environment, and spark joyful experiences with technology. Our teams are the first line of support and experts for all employee technology platforms and service throughout the company.
In this position, you will interact with our users in multiple ways, including tickets, email, Slack, and video conference. Daily duties consist of prioritizing, resolving, routing and scheduling all incoming internal technology support requests and issues.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• IT or Desktop Support/System Administration
• Knowledge of best practices around data security
• Supporting in fact, including G Suite for Enterprise, Office 365, and Adobe CC (managing user and group accounts, permissions, and SSO)
• Troubleshooting a variety of technical issues across different operating systems (macOS, ChromeOS, Windows, and Linux), and various applications, and hardware (Mac, Lenovo and Chromebook hardware including laptops & desktops, peripheral technology)
• Video Conferencing troubleshooting, including Google Hangouts, Google Meet, Chromebox for Meetings, & Zoom
• Provide technical guidance on applications and security practices
• Procurement and device management
• Mobile device deployment and support (iPhone and Pixel devices)
• Support employee technology lifecycle, i.e. hardware, software, mobile, peripherals
• Project coordination and technical writing
• Technical support for onsite and offsite events
• Ability to read customers and make great judgement calls
• Patience and a desire to provide world class customer service
• Flexible and inclusive interpersonal and communication skills
• Provide thoughtful recommendations and ability to share differing perspective to challenge the status quo
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas and take ownership of work
• Ability to utilize root cause analysis to identify problems from symptoms and implement solutions inclusively with team and business partners
• Strategic technical and business thinking, taking calculated risks and able to pivot quickly
• Resilient in learning from mistakes and applying lessons quickly to new situations
• Skilled in discerning between need for leading and following, great self-awareness in strengths and weaknesses
• Experience partnering with external vendors
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
• Ability to partner effectively with business leaders and cross functional teams
• Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
• Capable of following and composing process and procedure documentation, training users in complex topics, and interacting positively with upper management
At Netflix, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We want to share with you that we are mindful of limited access to resources and opportunities that come with systemic disadvantages. So if you align strongly with our values and have transferable experiences, we encourage you to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo831-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.