The Role, the Opportunities, the Vision
The core purpose of our IT Asset Management function has remained constant: implement and operate work systems that help manage technology hardware and software we procure on behalf of Netflix. Thus, the evolving scope of the IT Asset Management Specialist should be grounded on that constant purpose.
In 2021, the ITAM team will be dealing with some significant opportunities and challenges. Top of mind are:
• Integrating external partners into our workflows. We work with a lot of vendors and partners to procure and deploy technology all around the world. Therefore, ensuring these partners are well trained and onboarded onto our asset management workflows and technology tools, such as bitFit, will continue to be key to our success. The ITAM Specialist will not only be expected to contribute to this work, but also to offer up ideas to continuously improve and streamline both project and operations-based work with our external partners.
• Scaling our team. Up until now we've had only one ITAM Specialist dedicated to the function (although there are plenty of internal and external collaborators in the picture). Thus, adding a second ITAM team member will introduce a new dynamic when it comes to scaling support of operations and relevant projects. We'll expect the new ITAM Specialist to play a very active role in driving plans to scale the team.
• Forging strong cross-functional partnerships. The success of our ITAM function relies heavily on myriad cross-functional relationships, which includes but is not limited to Studio Logistics, N-Tech and Finance teams. Ensuring these relationships are in a healthy collaborative state will require a strong feedback loop as well as continuous attention to alignment with the strategies and tactics employed by our cross-functional partners.
• Demand for centralized management. We have a growing number of teams that want our help with centralized procurement and management of technology. The biggest is N-Tech, which will include the procurement and management of thousands of computers and assets they provide to Netflix employees and contractors worldwide. However, we also have Studio partners such as our VFX, NetFX and Post Production teams that also want ITAM support for the technology solutions they provide. The ITAM Specialist will need to be an effective organizer and communicator to successfully prioritize and manage demand for our services.
• Experience implementing and customizing IT asset management software (e.g. ServiceNow, Device 42, Oomnitza); bitFit experience would be a big plus.
• At least 4 years of focused asset management experience (preferably within a multinational context)
• Applied experience managing 3rd party warehouse and logistics providers, as well as experience directing contingent labor in support of these operations
• Ability to gather and analyze asset and warehouse metrics
• Ability to recommend and clearly articulate action plans to optimize operations, such as ensuring inventory data is accurate as well as knowing how fast stocked items are being deployed
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (e.g. able to put together HOW TO documentation and flow charts both for technical and non-technical audiences)
• Experience in an ITAM support role within the media and entertainment industry would be a plus