iOS Product Engineer (L4)
On the iOS UI team, we are passionate about delivering ✨joy✨ to hundreds of millions of Netflix members around the world, whether they're traveling to a remote location or at home with family. We work on mobile product innovations that connect our members to the stories they love. Some of these have included Fast Laughs which lets you explore a full-screen feed of funny clips, as well as Player Speed Controls that give you more flexibility and accessibility over your viewing experience on your mobile device.
Our responsibilities include working on large-scale A/B tests of features - ranging from highly visible product experiences to core infrastructure that enables existing and future innovations. We care deeply about UI performance, quality, and accessibility of the Netflix iOS app. To bring new kinds of engaging and cinematic experiences to life, we partner closely with many cross-functional teams including product management, experience design, and creative production.
People who excel on our team are growth-oriented, intensely curious, and selfless. We are part of a global, diverse organization that includes people of all genders, sexual orientation, parents, self-taught or formally educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage anyone who is passionate about building compelling mobile experiences that touch audiences around the world to apply.
This role has the option to be based out of our Los Gatos office or remote-based from any location in the United States.
About the Role
• Collaborate with developers and product teams to build delightful, performant, and accessible user experiences.
• Contribute to product features and A/B tests using advanced UIKit, Core Animation, and Foundation APIs in Swift.
• Develop highly maintainable iOS client code with effective documentation that can be leveraged by other developers on the team.
• Write automated tests with XCTest and XCUITest frameworks to deliver high quality code.
• Partner closely with product management to scope projects and with designers to refine UI specifications.
What Sets You Apart
• Curious about a broad range of new or unfamiliar technologies, our consumer base, and product vision.
• Always seeking different perspectives, feedback, and relevant information to continuously grow and improve.
• Effective at developing strong relationships with cross-functional teams through clear communication.
• Taking a thoughtful, practical approach to problem-solving that considers tradeoffs and avoids over-engineering.
• Comfortable asking questions and seeking knowledge in unfamiliar or ambiguous situations.
• Endeavors to elevate the knowledge, skills, abilities of yourself and others that is conducive to fostering an inclusive, collaborative environment.
🎥 Engineering the Customer Journey (Netflix Women In Tech)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy3mxk-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.