Los Angeles, CA
The Team: You'll join a group of writers who define, maintain and evolve the Netflix voice, from describing each title to crafting messaging on and off the service. We work side-by-side with Product Managers, video creators, image designers and metadata analysts to make sure the Netflix catalog can be connected to members searching for something they'll love to watch.
The Role: We are seeking an experienced copywriter and creative strategist who works collaboratively and effectively on cross-functional concepts. You will work on several projects at once, flexing between thought partnership and high-volume writing on projects at various stages of testing and execution. You will leverage a larger writing team for multi-title projects by composing clear, precise briefs. You will initiate your own innovation projects and identify opportunities to join existing projects to better understand and elevate their copy. You will provide leadership and drive teams toward creative solutions.
Your Skills: The ideal candidate is a storyteller at heart who blends conceptual thinking with tactical experience in the messaging space. You have the ability to convey a strong editorial point of view for different stakeholders, spanning technical and creative backgrounds. In this role, you'll be expected to craft clear, compelling written communication across all mediums, from title synopses and email subject lines to creative briefs and brainstorm exercises.
You will be responsible for building relationships across key business lines and partnering on test design, creating copy hypotheses and scaling test projects, which includes assigning and editing copy. You are someone who works well with others and is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will have a demonstrable passion for entertainment and an understanding of current global trends. You will thrive on bold thinking.
• Exceptional ability in consumer-focused editorial strategy, including conceptual thinking and copywriting
• 7-10 years experience in digital copywriting
• Experience with A/B Testing and Innovation
• Mastery of AP style and confident ability to break those rules when needed
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
• Independent working style, self-motivated and curious
• Comfortable with kind but candid feedback
• Experience working with global markets or global brands is preferred
• Agency experience is a bonus
• Experience in creating context docs for translation is a plus
Reporting to the Writing Innovation Manager in the Creative Production team. This is a full-time salaried role located in our Los Angeles or Los Gatos office.