Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more.
We're looking for a passionate and talented indirect tax professional to further build out our Indirect Tax Team in Amsterdam. We're looking for someone with an indirect tax background to assist us with our ever increasing tax advisory needs as we continue to grow. Think of troubleshooting for internal and external business partners and running projects to stay ahead of the game. The ideal candidate has a strong fit with Netflix values, can collaborate well across the organization and has a hands-on mentality.
We are looking for someone who is:
• A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and cross-functional internal teams (who don't speak tax)
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting various tight deadlines
• Proactive, hands-on and innovative
• Curious and enthusiastic - not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo, and above all willing to learn
• Flexible to collaborate with our international offices across multiple time zones
• Flexible to travel (when conditions allow) as required
• Provide support in partnering cross-functionally, with teams ranging from legal to finance, from treasury to finance operations / accounts payable, from Trade Compliance to logistics, product / engineering teams and other relevant stakeholders
• Dealing with external advisors as well as local tax authorities on Indirect Tax matters
• Support and analyze the Indirect Tax aspects of our EMEA/Global expansion, including new markets entry, expansion and setting up new content support facilities across EMEA and cross-border transactions of goods and services
• Research complex Indirect Tax issues, prepare technical documentation and assist on the indirect tax aspects of relevant projects
• Assist in reviewing contracts to ensure key Indirect Tax deal terms are consistent with our global tax structure and our global tax position
• Support the Indirect Tax aspects of audits in the EMEA region
• Assist and collaborate with the Tax Compliance Team
• 3+ years of experience in Indirect Tax, in a larger tax firm and/or in-house (preferably at a tech or entertainment company)
• Master's degree (LL.M or MSc) or equivalent advanced degree in Taxation or Law, Economics or Business Administration with Taxation elements
• Experience with a broad range of international indirect tax reporting and advisory work, preferably (but not limited to) domestic and cross border supply of goods and services to support the original content side of the business
• Fluent English skills, other language skills are valued
• An incredible will to learn, grow and excel
The ideal candidate will work as part of a high performance culture built around freedom and responsibility.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8kky-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.