Netflix is looking for an exceptional Head of Player Support for the Netflix Game Studio to help deliver the next generation of video games for a worldwide audience. The role will lead the player support efforts for the Game Studios across the portfolio of internally and externally developed games in partnership with the Netflix Customer Support team that spans a global support network for Netflix.
This role will establish the player support infrastructure for games at Netflix, a part of the cross-functional team that guides the Player journey experiencing games on the Netflix service. They will work closely with the game development teams to surface and address game specific issues and trends as well as broader service issues. Additionally, they will work closely with the Product Marketing team on the active paid media, social and community conversations taking place and the game teams on new feature releases and live operated events to best support the Player experience day to day, and through emergent issues experienced for any game that is a part of our service. The candidate will have a proven track record of building strong relationships across a wide, cross functional organization and supporting a wide group of game development teams through an effective mix of tools, processes and internal/external resources.
• Own end to end player support flow, collaborating with Producers, PMs on game issues. As well as Product Marketing, External Communications and Performance Marketing on overall comm plans
• Establish the infrastructure and smooth operation of customer support for Netflix Game Studio, leveraging the network of support systems at Netflix that spans across many distribution devices (ex. Mobile phones, TV, Web)
• Collaborate with Customer Service Operations, Product and Engineering partners for CS tools that support needs for games, evaluating third party software and resourcing opportunities
• Evaluate and manage the distinct support structure and process for internally and externally developed games also based on game types (ex. Live operated games with ongoing feature releases and live events), establishing appropriate performance metrics and SLA for our global player base Aggregate view of player health for games based on inbound ticket, reporting and dashboard creation as a part of a holistic approach to player relationship management
• Continuously source relevant game information to be leveraged for Help Center and Knowledge Base content for Player self-help
• Hire and manage Player Support leads dedicated to and embedded in the Game Studio game teams
• Drive data analysis for all aspects of the customer support service to continuously improve the player experience
• 10+ years of experience in customer support including the video game industry
• Familiarity and understanding of the game development process and variety of game content, preferably with live service game with multi-year live operations
• 5+ years managing a team including people managers, supporting multiple distinct products with their own workflows
• Deep experience with data driven approach to analyze and optimize customer support for multiple products
• Proven track record of working with a wide cross functional team, driving results from direct management and influence, defining shared goals and uniquely approaching solutions
• Continuously looking for ways to improve and iterate an existing framework, or building anew for best results
• Passion for video games, innovations in software and hardware and how they enrich the player experience
Location: SF Bay Area
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $150,000.00 - 500,000.00
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d25pv7-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.