Senior Brand Manager
Remote / Virtual
Are you an entertainment fanatic? Does going behind-the-scenes of an action-packed stunt sequence of your favourite series or film get your adrenaline pumping? Are you unapologetically guilty of flipping through your favourite publications or social media channels to catch all the photos of your favourite shows and actors? Is your brain packed with questions you've always wanted to ask the characters of your favourite shows? If the answer to these questions is a resounding ''Yes!'', then the Photo & AV Studio team at Netflix may be perfect for you.
At its heart, Photo & AV Studio is all about telling stories. With creative content built from the productions of the shows and films we make that inspire people, the team shapes the visual identity of Netflix's PR campaigns and more. It is responsible for creative coverage during all the phases of a title's production, for the needs of a campaign.
The Head of Photo & AV Studio for Japan will lead a small, agile team based in Tokyo responsible for the on-set coverage strategy of APAC Original title productions including series, films, documentaries, docu-series and comedy specials in Japan. With strong cross-functional partnerships across multiple departments - from marketing and publicity to product and content - this role is responsible for bringing to life the on-set creative needs of a title campaign.
The role requires a high level of creativity, an inquisitive and innovative personality, strong project management, and an editorial background attuned to great visual storytelling. This role works across photo and video content, utilizing knowledge of TV/film productions, talent/filmmaker relations, and publicity/marketing strategies to shape, enhance and support marketing and publicity campaigns across the APAC markets.
Having a strong creative storyteller's instinct that can pivot through the unpredictability of production is key to success in Photo & AV Studio.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Manage a small, agile country team responsible for a broad Japanese slate of content driving excellence and best-of-its-kind creative work; oversee country-level budget across title and project work
• Develop content strategies in collaboration with your cross-functional partners in publicity, marketing, social, product and content, and align on the creative needs of the title
• Leverage your editorial and creative expertise to solve for business opportunities through authentic visual storytelling and compelling creatives (audio-visual and photo assets)
• Be responsible for the best use of talent time during production to meet the creative needs of the campaign. Drive communication from the set to key stakeholders
• Innovate and build engaging narratives that tell the story behind the story. Conduct in-depth interviews with on-screen and off-screen talent to uncover and shape narratives that elevate the campaign
• Read scripts, and plan, hire and supervise unit photographers and video crews to capture the best on-set creative. Foster partnerships within the industry
• Creatively produce the photography and video needs for title premieres, events and editorial photoshoots, to build impactful creatives that further the campaign messaging and encourage conversation
Skills and Requirements:
• 12+ years of experience as a content creator, creative director, art director at an entertainment and lifestyle media house or outlet
• Work experience in Publicity, Communications and Marketing, at an entertainment studio, creative agency, production company, publishing house
• Highly organised, team player, collaborative, open to feedback, resilient
• Strong creative eye with a keen understanding of visual storytelling in the service of audience-first communication strategies
• Understand and have contacts in the photography and video industries in Japan and working knowledge of digital media file specs & size formats
• Interest in copyright laws, usage licenses and embargos is preferred
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Pro is preferred
• Fluency in Japanese and English is required
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oy6m-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.