About the team: Photo & AV Studio
Are you an entertainment fanatic? Do you have a deep passion for photography and video and like telling impactful stories through these mediums? What visual assets will get audiences and publishers excited about a new show? Can you combine creative excellence with expert project management? These are some of the opportunities you'll be delivering in this role.
The Photo & AV Studio team has the enviable position of straddling two worlds in the entertainment industry: the making of TV/film and global visual communication strategy.. At its heart, Photo & AV Studio is all about telling stories. We specialise in capturing and creating editorially-driven photo and video assets from the productions of the series, films and documentaries that shape, enhance and support the visual identity of publicity campaigns for our Netflix content.
About the Role
We're looking for a senior creative storyteller with an editorial and/or entertainment background to manage a diverse team of Photo & Audio Visual specialists across APAC who are focused on bringing our titles and talent to life through innovative creative campaigns. This role is highly cross functional working with Publicity, Social, Marketing, Product, and global Photo & AV Studio leadership to provide best in class photography and on-set video content from our TV and films to create stories press and consumers alike can't stop talking about.
The role requires a high level of creativity, an inquisitive, innovative and self-motivated personality, and a succinct communicator with the ability to start and drive initiatives and scale operational needs both at a regional and global level.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Manage an agile team of Photo and Audio Video specialists across APAC
• Be a regional creative and editorial expert, driving innovative storytelling strategy based on insights and the external media landscape to connect consumers and press to communications strategy more effectively in an increasingly visual world
• Build new frameworks and approaches to reimagine what editorially-driven content can be in order to elevate our title and overall communications strategies
• Working with global partners in creating and championing better ways of working in asset creation, management, and storage in order to find global scale without losing local or creative nuance
• Provide regional oversight on operational strategies and creative output by being a connection within the global Photo & AV Studio leadership team to drive APAC needs globally while adopting global best practices locally
Skills & Requirements:
• 12-15+ years experience working across visual asset creation, publishing, publicity, or and/or entertainment
• Deep background in leading diverse creative and/or editorial teams and growing those teams from a ''start-up'' phase to more established organisations
• Strong people manager who can lead through context and not control
• Must possess solid organisational skills, model effective time management and deliver consistently excellent verbal and written communications across internal and external teams
• Strong creative eye with a keen understanding of visual storytelling in the service of audience-first communication strategies
• Experience working with TV/film productions, talent, filmmakers and with publicity teams
• Understand and interest in copyright laws, usage licenses and embargoes
• Understand the photography/video industry and preferably with networks in each
• Strong knowledge in digital file specs and size formats
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Pro is preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oqe0-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.