VP, International Tax
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is the largest subscription merchant in the world. We care deeply about, as well as invest heavily in, developing the best customer experience for signing up and paying each month. We want to ensure the payment experience only enhances our ability to entertain the world.
We are seeking a talented individual to join our payments team and lead our efforts to mitigate fraud and while advocating for the best customer payment experience. This role focuses on managing our exposure to consumer payments fraud risk - with shared responsibility for customer acquisition, retention, and experience optimization. The Senior Manager will be a key member of the team responsible for managing our global approach to consumer payments and ultimately supporting the development of the company's payments strategy.
Netflix is growing fast with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate will be prepared to regularly ''roll up their sleeves'' to perform more detail-oriented tasks on the same day that they present to the executives of the company. Candidates must be curious, motivated, disciplined, and able to work autonomously.
• Define the needs of, and build out the related strategy for, Netflix's payments fraud mitigation program
• Manage and develop relationships with external partners in this area
• Work cross-functionally with various internal partners to implement necessary fraud mitigation solutions
• Support core payments team members with engagement in the payments ecosystem (card issuers, schemes, processors, etc.) to improve performance via trust in our fraud management practices and their impact
• Manage day-to-day operational fraud mitigation needs, ensuring we have 24/7 coverage against fraud attacks
• Define and develop relevant metrics and dashboards with data analytics colleagues (e.g. chargeback monitoring, malicious vs friendly fraud, false positive rates, etc.)
• Must have excellent analytical skills, including ability to use business intelligence tools (like Tableau) and sort through complex data to crystallize business implications
• Experience and comfort with an extremely high degree of freedom and responsibility
• Deep industry knowledge of payment processing, payments fraud, and general ecommerce is required.
• Strong project management and collaboration skills across multiple functional areas
• Skill at crafting a data-driven story and presenting to senior management