VP Of Engineering For Content Acquisition and Finance Systems
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is the world's leading Internet video entertainment service. Our 204 million paid members enjoy billions of hours of TV shows and movies per month. Simultaneously, our business has evolved rapidly into exciting new ways of producing and delivering engaging global content for an incredibly diverse audience. The Developer Education team's mission is to help all Netflix engineers, scientists, and solution developers be as informed and productive as possible by ensuring they have access to curated knowledge, education, and support resources, when and where they need it.
We are looking for a skilled DevEd leader to create a forward looking vision and strategy that amplifies the impact of our current technical education work. This is a dynamic opportunity to transform our existing developer education team into a force multiplier for Netflix Platform, especially as Netflix engineering transitions into a remote inclusive organization.
If you have a deep passion for technical education and are excited by our rapidly evolving and diverse platform and product domains, then come talk to us!
What you will do...
• Drive vision, strategy, & operations of our technical learning efforts across Netflix
• Build and lead a diverse team of program managers, content creators, and facilitators,
• Foster a culture of learning that promotes inclusion and diversity in our teams, interactions, and learning models
• Develop strong partnerships across our platform and product teams to create continuous feedback loops to ensure we're solving the most impactful problems
• Devise KPIs for team initiatives and continually leverage them to assess impact and tune roadmap
Your experience must include or demonstrate…
• Strong leadership of technical education teams through setting of vision and strategy, and a track record of successful execution producing positive outcomes
• Design and implementation of diverse learning formats and blended instructional methods
• The ability to navigate diverse stakeholder groups, forming and sustaining successful partnerships
• Creating and maintaining a learning culture that amplifies the organization's potential
• The ability to paint and evolve a long-term vision, while executing a near-term plan
Other attributes that will excite us…
• Good understanding of modern application architectures, software development lifecycle, data processing needs, cloud infrastructure, and developer tooling
• Good understanding of the education space for engineers, including learning styles and approaches
• Participation in technical learning communities to keep us abreast of best practices and cutting edge ideas
Here's a slide deck and a video which provides more insight into the DevEd team's landscape, Purpose, People and Projects.
As a team, we come from many different countries and our fields of education range from the humanities to engineering to physics. We have a variety of skill sets and we fluidly take up different roles in the team. We strongly believe this diversity has helped us build an inclusive and empathetic environment, and are looking forward to adding your perspective to the mix!
Our culture is unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix here.