Digital Content Producer, Podcast Editorial
Los Angeles, CA
We are Netflix's Editorial & Publishing team. A team of storytellers, social media strategists, editors, producers and journalists, all of us huge fans of entertainment. We're creating a whole new approach to talking about entertainment. Our mission is to build the most influential entertainment media and publishing network that brings joy to our fans and members all around the world.
On this team, we make content for our content, that is as entertaining off Netflix as it is on Netflix. We make content that brings communities together over shared passions, helps our fans discover new shows, movies and talent or fall more deeply in love with something they've already watched. Though part of the larger marketing organization, our team's work is unique in that we express a perspective on content the way an editorial media outlet would. In this role you will be shaping the vision and implementation for Netflix's growth in the podcast space as part of the Creative Development and Production team. This role reports to the Director of Creative Development & Production, Editorial & Publishing.
Podcast Strategy & Team Management
• Lead and shape Netflix's strategic presence in the editorial podcast space that includes audience focused, content and talent led opportunities
• Work closely with cross-department teams on Netflix's overall podcast portfolio
• Drive and manage the partnership with distribution platforms and other partners
• Stay up to date on industry trends and drive innovation in the Netflix podcast initiative to identify emerging business opportunities
• Manage a small team of internal podcast experts/producers
• Manage department budget
• Determine internal & external infrastructure needs to support the podcast initiative
Development & Production
• Lead new podcast development to support editorial business opportunities
• Develop & produce flagship podcasts encompassing: creative vision, casting/booking guests, hiring and managing hosts, oversee scripting, review of episodes, managing recording calendar, and oversee promotional content/launch plans
• Consult with internal stakeholders teams from around the world on new podcast development in terms of creative vision, best practices, budget, infrastructure needs and launch plans
• Be a hub for creative excellence, identifying talent and managing those relationships
• Negotiate and manage contracts with outside partners & agencies
The Ideal Candidate Is/Has...
• At least 12+ years of experience in audio/podcasting development and production with a proven track record of exceptional storytelling and audience growth & engagement
• Strong leader and team manager who can inspire, set vision and successfully execute
• Talented producer who knows how to bring a story to life
• Expertise working in storytelling specifically in entertainment or with high level talent
• Background in journalism-related work
• Entrepreneurial spirit and highly collaborative - loves working with others, isn't afraid to lead or follow
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to define and evaluate wins and losses
• Constantly looking to discover new talent and voices to build programming around
• Must be able to prioritize and handle several projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment while adhering to shifting deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working directly with talent and talent representation, in meetings and recordings. Skilled in pitching/presenting with the ability to read the room.
• High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts of work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Respect, understanding and enthusiasm for Netflix culture