Netflix is responsible for more than a third of the traffic on Internet access networks at peak times, and we're working collaboratively with Internet Service Providers to ensure that our great content is delivered in a manner that is both highly efficient and cost effective. Today, we deliver 100% of Netflix content to 190 countries via Open Connect, our purpose-built content delivery network. We need great network professionals to help us manage the remarkable challenge and opportunity that this scale represents.
As a Hardware Lab Engineer, you will manage all hardware labs, build prototypes, and manage failure analysis across products. You will work closely with other hardware engineering leads to complete testing, prototyping, and experiments along with enabling software development teams.
• Unix sysadmin proficiency
• Network and TCP/IP Basics
• Scripting for data collection and analytics
• Computer internals understanding (PCI, Memory, Storage, CPU, GPU, Power, BIOS)
• Basic understanding of web streaming
What you will be doing…
• Maintaining multiple physical labs in multiple cities (travel required)
• Building new prototype hardware for multiple products
• Co-ordinating EFA of failed hardware
• Maintaining test infrastructure for multiple development teams
• Use lab measurement devices (power meters, sas analysers)
You will be successful in this role if you…
• Self starter, curious, and not afraid to ask when in doubt
• Are passionate about new technology
• Thrive on learning new things
• Understand data center power and data cabling (including -48v DC)
• Effectively iterate on driver and software support for new hardware with vendors
Nice to have…
• Masters or Bachelors degree in a relevant science or engineering field
• Understanding of GPU internals
• Server benchmarking experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29207-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.