Netflix continues to be a leader in the streaming world and connects with millions of Consumers everyday. Part of that connection exists through fandom and consumers wanting merchandise that relates to their favourite shows. Shows such as Stranger Things, One Piece, Bridgerton & Squid Game to name a few.
The Netflix Consumer Products team is seeking to expand its impact in this space and Hardlines specifically. Hardlines exists of categories such as Toys, Consumer Electronics, Publishing & Stationery. As the EMEA Hardlines Category Specialist, you will play a crucial role in defining & building this landscape. You'll help to define overarching regional & category strategies & in turn work with licensees & retailers to launch our key IP. You'll collaborate with key stakeholders across the industry & business to position Netflix as a leading player in the region.
The Hardlines Category Specialist (HCS) is responsible for developing and executing against a long-term business strategy for EMEA in the Hardlines sub-categories. As part of the EMEA team, the HCS will be responsible for growing the CP business in line with divisional strategies and guidelines whilst leveraging a strong knowledge of the G5 markets and their individual needs and opportunities. They will be responsible for identifying the best licensees to partner with, gain mkt support, drive innovation and quality product ranges, provide regional input into deals, accurately forecast and promote the retail sell-in of core ranges.
Define Overarching Regional Strategy
• Provide, identify, input and execute on the HL strategies across categories
• Have a deep understanding of the wider CP vision
• Facilitate strategy to internal stakeholders & liaise with internal and external partners to execute on strategies across individual category lines
• Work with the retail & market teams to identify the key retail partners for your categories
• Develop a clear growth strategy for each subcategory of business (including targets) and benchmark progress.
• Identify opportunities and fill gaps by IP, product sub-category, consumer & market channel
• Partner with the PDC team to drive quality and champion innovation in product development. Ensure timely product approvals in line with industry needs.
• Proactively pursue white space analysis and combine with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Use Circana/ internal insights data to drive the business to unlock potential revenue
• Be responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of licensees to grow the CP business. Critically evaluate the licensee base to ensure we have the right amount and best quality partners.
• Direct management of key Regional licensees.
• Negotiate the best deals and manage the process from contract to product development and execution.
• Joint business planning with key licensees to deliver plans
Collaboration with Key Stakeholders
• Foster collaboration to ensure a unified approach to category opportunities that transcends individual market constraints.
• Work with Market, Marketing & Retail teams to create optimal IP impact
• Drive the development, sharing, and implementation of best practices across the EMEA & global region.
• Foster a collaborative environment for sharing insights and successful strategies, creating a cohesive and efficient retail ecosystem.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Prove experience of +7 years at similar positions (or Category Management)
• Fluent in English & ideally one important language within the region
• Strategic thinker able to communicate a compelling vision for the business
• Substantive experience in international licensing/ a commercial environment and product merchandising within the region
• Background in building brands across various channels of distribution
• Proven track record delivering growth and solid analytical/financial skills
• Proven ability pitching and negotiating skills with the ability to close deals
• Self-motivated professional with ability to work independently and take charge
• Strong people person able to influence others
• Ability to customise / create sales presentations and other materials as needed
• Communicates with impact: Develops and delivers compelling presentations, possesses an instinct on how to communicate and when to communicate to drive business results; Strong verbal and written communication skills; Able to rationalise complex decisions and communicate to stakeholders.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv8bwm-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.