Counsel, Data Privacy & Security
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is releasing content at a pace and scale unlike any studio or broadcast channel in history: All around the world, at the same time, all episodes at once, for over 150 million members. With so many different titles to choose, across such a range of tastes and cultural standards, our members need the information and context to be able to tell at a glance that what they're watching is appropriate for their household.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help tune our rating guidance to local sensitivities to rate Netflix's rapidly growing content catalog. It will require an understanding of content policies and cultural sensitivities all over the world, operational aptitude to enforce those policies, ability to navigate competing priorities, and skill for creating great Internet products. The work you do in this role will directly affect how our members decide what to watch. Within the Editorial Creative team, you will serve as a classification system expert across a Global Content Regulation and Standards Board portfolio and serve as an in house conduit to these boards. This is a highly cross-functional role. You will collaborate with Public Policy and Communications Teams to ensure that content sensitivities for these shows are reflected properly. In the broader Product organization, you will partner with Consumer Insights, Globalization and Engineering to execute on our overall maturity ratings strategy.
This role will report into the Director Of Ratings and can be based in either Los Angeles or Los Gatos office.
• Navigate conversations and make decisions on compliance in a non-biased and inclusive manner while considering member expectations, local regulations and brand standards
• Support the evolution of Classification Boards in how they communicate and/or apply bias in their recommended guidelines
• Manage external and local stakeholder priorities and communications
• Project manage ongoing board engagements and internal projects
• Communicate ratings information and rationale to external boards as required
• Align with central and regional Public Policy teams on brand standards
• Work on cross-functional education, research, and innovation projects
• Develop efficiencies in our timelines for board pilot projects
• 5+ years in relevant fields, such as Content Classification, Content Moderation, Content Strategy, Standards & Practices, Crisis Response, Policy/Legal Operations, Trust & Safety
• Great judgement and decisiveness when dealing with timely, deadline-driven, content-related issues and concerns
• Excellent project/program management skills, and/or a proven track record for operational excellence
• 3+ years experience in highly cross-functional roles gaining buy-in, alignment, and context from a variety of stakeholders (small-team management preferred)
• Critical thinking/problem solving skills and an aptitude for analyzing trends in data
• Experience working with Microsoft Excel, AirTable, and/or other database/reporting/tracking tools
• Knowledge of, and adherence to, global ratings boards' standards and requirements is a plus
• Experience partnering or working with international markets and teams is preferred
• Fluency in languages other than English is a plus
• Experience managing content in languages other than English a plus