Product Support Operations Manager - Product Experience
Los Gatos, CA
Location: Remote, Los Angeles/Los Gatos
As Netflix produces more content and we expand our global presence, it becomes even more important to get people excited about stories that are right for them. Promoting our titles happens on our consumer-facing product, and through external marketing and publicity channels. To help consumers find the stories they'll love, we need to create a diverse set of promotional media assets for many different tastes, and to get these materials in front of the right people.
Our creative partners need to scale the production of these promotional assets - millions of assets across 190 countries, in 40+ languages, and distributed across multiple platforms.
Our products are used by a wide range of people inside and outside of Netflix, helping thousands of users manage and make efficient use of a multi-million dollar creative budget.
As a full-stack engineer on the Marketing technology team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and add value across the entire campaign planning and publicity asset distribution platform - from supporting node-based client applications that empower Netflix titles to get the best possible media coverage from our partners, to owning critical backend user and asset migrations for the platform itself, to building the infrastructure that allows Netflix to become more efficient with how we plan and execute our promotional campaigns.
This is a high impact role where your contributions will not only make a difference in driving content leverage for our subscribers, but will also support the pipeline for mentoring new engineering talent joining the Studio organization. If you love product ideation, owning, collaborating, building, constantly raising the bar and growing others, you will thrive in this role!
• Work cross-functionally to enhance existing services, tools and data models that operationalize our marketing workflows at scale.
• Participate in product reviews and team meetings, providing technical insight. Help scope, estimate, and prioritize between conflicting needs.
• Evaluate new technologies and approaches to streamline or improve our rapid application development tooling and conventions.
• Regularly learn new systems and tools as the Netflix platform and ecosystem evolves.
• Participate in our on-call rotation and contribute on incident reviews.
• Mentor and support on-boarding efforts for our Studio internship rotations.
• Occasional travel to various Netflix offices around the globe.
Required Skills / Experience
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 2+ years of experience in software development. Includes internships and apprenticeships
• Experience working on consumer-facing products and having empathy for the end-user
• Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as React, Angular or Express
• Ability to thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
• Experience making data and metrics-driven optimizations/decisions
• Experience with distributed architectures and scaling systems
• Ability to solve problems that span multiple interconnected systems
• Strongly motivated in picking up new domains and shipping high quality, elegant, well-tested code through a combination of functional and object-oriented programming.
Nice to have
• Knowledge of the marketing technology space and/or the creative production space
• You are adept at building concurrent applications with JVM based languages such as Java, Scala, Kotlin, Groovy, Clojure.
• You are experienced in utilizing SQL (MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server or other) and NoSQL data stores (Cassandra, Elasticsearch, HBase, Redis etc.) and in modeling and evolving domain-specific application data.
• You have experience developing applications using cloud computing platforms such as Amazon EC2, Azure, or Google Compute Engine.
• Previous work with distributed teams