We're looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join us and work with a large team that is building a multiplayer mobile game within Unity, providing their expertise to build the back-end services and the front-end dashboards that will drive the successful operation of the game. The Full Stack Engineer will maintain, enhance and update back-end and middleware APIs and processes and front-end interfaces using a combination of the latest tools and technologies to build everything a user sees and interacts with on a website and mobile application. Depending on business and product needs, this position will have a focus with React and TypeScript.
What you will do
• Serve as part of a larger architecture, engineering, development, and testing team, collaborating to build, evolve, and optimize our applications and services, for load time and performance
• Help design and build the back-end services needed for online game features (e.g. Authentication, Leaderboards, Events, Matchmaking)
• Help design and build the tools and internal-facing dashboards to drive our Live-Ops operations (e.g. Analytics, Event Scheduling, Customer Service tools)
• Understand and implement security and data protection
• Ensure game service scalability through effective code and data storage design principles
• Collaborate across disciplines to carry features from initial concept to completion
• Maintain code quality and integrity to ensure responsiveness of applications
• Participate in tech design and code review processes
• Work with other engineers to develop tools and processes that improve efficiency and quality
• Maintain thorough knowledge of the programming languages, platforms, frameworks, and APIs required to support the game project(s)
• Assist in developing and updating feature documentation for code and services, working with Senior Engineers to maintain a shared library of tech and process documentation
Skills and Abilities
• Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases, configuring web servers and working in a cloud environment (e.g. AWS)
• Understanding of networking concepts, protocols, scalability, and load testing of cloud-based systems
• Understanding of software engineering fundamentals, including Object Oriented Programming, data structures, unit testing and documentation
• Ability to objectively evaluate code as part of a formal review process
• Ability to communicate effectively and build partnerships across disciplines
• Strong desire to iterate and improve on inefficient processes
• Able to manage multiple, competing tasks and be self-directed in a quickly evolving environment
• Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
• Excellent organization skills
Education and Experience
• Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related degree, or equivalent work experience
• Experience in building scalable web applications using a language like C#, Java, or Node.js
• Understanding of the software development life cycle, and practices
• Experience supporting a live service
• Experience with Jira, Confluence, or other defect tracking software
• Experience with Git and Perforce for source control
• Knowledge about the latest trends in web, mobile web, accessibility, and site performance
Nice to Have
• Game industry development experience in a related role
• Experience with Unity and C#
• Experience with scaling multiplayer servers and services
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Our core hours are 10:00am to 6:00pm CST, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time. You will be required to work longer hours on occasion, especially during periods when staff is working late to meet tight deadlines etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $50,000 - $250,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4ee8v-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.