Analyst, Trade Compliance
As we drive our rapid development in creating owned content across the globe, we are looking for an individual to join our team in Amsterdam to support operations in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). The ideal candidate will have a general understanding of film and TV series production and distribution, European creative unions, content production/distribution workflows and structures, and related financial principles with focus on royalties. The Financial Analyst will work cross-functionally within a local team with local and global business partners and with the Los Angeles office to support the procurement, communication and processing of relevant data and the timely reporting and payment of Netflix's rights, royalties, and other distribution- and exploitation-related obligations to partners, including talent, unions, and rights holders in EMEA.
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
About the role:
• You support the regional and global teams in handling royalties in a portfolio of projects. Requires the ability to identify, review, and analyze relevant production data, records, legal agreements, interpret and confirm deal terms, and prepare royalties statements and payments.
• You exercise sound judgment in determining/royalties ultimate costs and are able to create and maintain financial models and trackers, and manage related budget and cash flow across your portfolio of projects.
• You collaborate with partners and are comfortable working with and navigating through large quantities of detailed data. This includes the procurement and processing of relevant production data across your entire title portfolio.
• You are able to provide analyses related to royalties based on individual and guild/union agreements, production budgets, cast lists and other related production data.
• You communicate effectively internally and are able to effectively manage external relationships including conversations with guilds, talent representatives and production partners to discuss and resolve inquiries..
• You support the efforts to innovate the administration of royalties obligations with focus on technology-driven solutions. Provide feedback, research industry best practices and implement impactful improvements to your area that demonstrate the capabilities of the team. You actively help onboard, develop and coach new hires and aid in the review of team member's work.
• Education in finance, management, economics, accounting or related fields.
• 3+ years of related experience, preferably with entertainment royalties, participations, residuals, talent deal management, and/or content distribution
• Fluency in English is required. German language proficiency strongly preferred.
• Experience reading and interpreting legal agreements including the ability to read and interpret collective bargaining agreements.
• General understanding of global film and television distribution, and an understanding of European media regulations (EU and country-specific).
• Functional knowledge of data management / database applications strongly preferred.
• Ability to work independently within the regional team and business partners and align with the Los Angeles-based team. Great communicator that can build strong working relationships with a diverse group of cross-functional business partners in a diverse and multicultural environment.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity. You are flexible and able to quickly adapt to the opportunities and challenges presented by a global company, including handling remote communications across time zones.
• Understand, advocate, and embody the company's values and team goals.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkpz30-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.