We are seeking a Financial Analyst for Residuals to be a key member in our Contingent Compensation Department. Residuals are additional compensation paid to talent for the reuse of content beyond the use covered by their initial compensation based on collective bargaining agreements with various guilds/unions, i.e. SAG-AFTRA, DGA, and WGA.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be interpreting and analyzing residual impact in accordance with various guilds, unions and production service agreements and execute accordingly. This includes calculating, preparing and processing residual payments, preparing and managing financial forecasting of residual obligations, and working closely with cross functional teams like Labor, Production Finance, and Business Affairs to determine the residuals impact across various titles.
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
• Forecast, set-up, pay and report residual liabilities.
• Forecast and estimate residuals costs.
• Liaise with Production Accountants and Producers to gather required information for residual setups.
• Analyze and interpret production and distribution contracts for residual liability.
• Provide analysis to determine residuals impact in various scenarios.
• Collaborate across various business units within Netflix
• Work with third party payment processor(s) to provide relevant setup data, and ensure complete and accurate setup for residual payments.
• Participate in the testing and implementation of new residual systems related to process improvements, efficiency, and standardization.
• Collecting documentation for guild audits and internal audits.
• BA/BS in accounting, finance, business administration, or similar degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Entertainment industry experience preferred.
• 2+ years of related experience required, preferably in residuals. New Media residuals experience is a plus.
• Must be able to comprehend and interpret collective bargaining agreements.
• Financial Analysis and Modeling
• Excellent Excel & Google web based program skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive, organized, and self-sufficient.
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to work independently and cross-functionally with business partners.
• Flexible with evolving processes and able to work in a fast -paced environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yx1m-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.