As we continue our rapid expansion in creating owned content and related IP, we are looking for an individual to join our Contingent Compensation team supporting Music Royalties. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of music distribution and royalties, preferably within the context of a Film/TV Production studio, related contracts, and general financial principles. The Financial Analyst will work cross functionally to analyze and interpret legal contracts in order to manage Netflix's music royalty obligations. This role will require data analysis and financial modeling related to music royalties, the ability to maintain business relationships (internal and external) and the ability to effectively communicate complex financial details in a clear, concise manner.
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
• You are the informed captain of the Netflix music publishing and record royalty workflows. This requires a solid understanding of music distribution and music copyright exploitation, along with the ability to analyze legal agreements, and prepare royalty statements and payments based on contractual terms.
• You exercise sound judgement in determining the financial impact of music royalties which may include financial modeling, ad-hoc analysis and contract interpretation.
• You communicate effectively with internal business partners, and effectively manage external relationships including managing service agreements with third party administrators.
• You participate in efforts to innovate including system development and automation conversations. Provide feedback, research industry best practices and implement impactful improvements to your area that demonstrate the capabilities of your team.
• BA/BS in accounting, finance, business administration or similar degree and/or equivalent
• 5+ years experience with music royalties, preferably within a Film/TV studio
• Experience reading and interpreting legal agreements
• Strong analytical skills to identify issues and problem-solve effectively
• Great communicator that can build strong working relationships with a diverse group of cross-functional business partners
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• Understand, advocate, and embody the Netflix culture and team goals.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98yb9-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.