Financial Analyst, Contingent Compensation (Participations)
It's a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. As we continue our rapid expansion in creating owned content, we are looking for an individual to join our Contingent Compensation team. The ideal candidate will have a general understanding of Film participations, content related contracts, and financial principles. The Financial Analyst will work cross functionally to analyze and interpret legal contracts in order to maintain Netflix's Contingent Compensation obligations. This role will require financial modeling related to Film participations and the ability to effectively communicate complex financial detail in a clear, concise manner.
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
• You are the informed captain over your project list which includes the end-to-end Contingent Comp deliverables. Requires the ability to analyze legal agreements, interpret contingent compensation deal terms, and prepare payments and royalty statements based on contractual terms.
• You exercise sound judgement in determining the Contingent Compensation ultimate cost at the show level which includes independent financial modeling and contract interpretation.
• You are able to develop ad hoc analysis to represent impact to the business (e.g. profitability of off-service exploitation, financial impact of new deal terms, etc.)
• You communicate effectively in all internal meetings you attend (key partners: BLA, FP&A, Production Finance) and effectively manage external relationships including conversations with talent representatives and third party distributors to discuss and resolve any inquiries or discrepancies.
• You participate in efforts to innovate Contingent Comp including system development and automation conversations. Provide feedback, research industry best practices and implement impactful improvements to your area that demonstrate the capabilities of your team.
• BA/BS in accounting, finance, business administration or similar degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years experience with participations, royalties and/or contract management
• Experience reading and interpreting legal agreements
• Strong analytical skills to identify issues and problem-solve effectively
• Great communicator that can build strong working relationships with a diverse group of cross-functional business partners
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• Understand, advocate, and embody the company's values and team goals.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7bkk-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.