Netflix is one of the world's leading subscription streaming entertainment services with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
Our business is growing rapidly and we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunities. Check out our culture and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We're on the hunt for a passionate and talented finance and accounting professional to join the EMEA Finance Team in Amsterdam. The position will report to the Senior Manager, EMEA Finance and will be working closely with the rest of the finance and tax teams in Amsterdam and London as well as various other stakeholders in EMEA and the finance and tax teams in the US, Alphaville, Mumbai and Singapore.
The ideal candidate has a strong fit with the Netflix values and culture, can collaborate well across the organization and has a hands-on mentality. We're looking for someone with an accounting background that can assist with our reporting and financial statements compliance obligations, in the broadest sense of the word, for our EMEA entities, including:
*Statutory accounts preparation and understanding filing requirements, assisting with statutory audits and providing IFRS and local GAAP perspectives on global projects.
*Month-end accounting close: creating journal entries for leases and leases, monitoring several accounts positions and performing account reconciliations for EMEA entities.
*Optimizing the overall finance operations and processes in terms of accounting and reporting.
This role is positioned for growth as our business scales up. Relevant experience in the areas mentioned will be key when applying for the role.
Candidate profile: We are looking for someone who is:
• A self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and work on projects and process improvements under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• Proactive, hands-on and innovative
• Curious and enthusiastic, not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Flexible to collaborate with our offices across multiple time zones
• Willing to travel to our offices overseas once or twice per year (when COVID restrictions are released)
Education And Experience
• 4+ years of relevant accounting and finance experience
• A combination of public accounting experience and in-house experience is preferred
• Bachelor / Academic degree in accounting or business economics and on track for completion (or already completed) post graduate degree RA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent
• Knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and/or any other local GAAP in EMEA
• Experience with preparing statutory filing documentation for international entities and managing (first-year) statutory audits
• Experience with UK (production) entities' accounting and preparation of financial statements is a plus
• Experience in working in a multinational environment ability to team with cross-functional teams in legal, tax, accounting, content, etc.
• Experience in working with service providers
• Demonstrate ability to innovate and optimise workflows and processes
• Advanced MS Excel and Google Sheets experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud based ERP systems is a plus
• Experience in the entertainment / tech industry is a plus
• Fluency in English, additional regional languages are helpful