Technology Procurement Specialist
Los Angeles, CA
Bringing Netflix to life takes the efforts of so many amazing individuals working hard to create and deliver the content that delights viewers. The Netflix Technology Services team is responsible for ensuring all our employees are equipped with the best technology and ensuring it is performing and available at all times.
As Netflix scales as does our support team to ensure we can deliver world class support to all the amazing people we work with.
We are looking for a passionate Executive Support Specialist, based out of our Los Angeles location, to join the Netflix Technology Services team. This team is responsible for ensuring our executives have all the right tools and support to do their jobs as effectively and continuously as possible. Whether that be at their home, in the office, or traveling around the world. As the first point of contact, this individual will help with social media setup, in home connectivity, and hardware configuration to name a few.
• You will be our first point of contact for executive requests (on-call and travel duties required)
• Proactively and continuously strengthen relationships and engage with executive team members and their administrators to support their requirements and identify inefficiencies and improvements
• Be a conduit for cross organizational communication
• Travel to support offsite events and/or productions including installation and configuration of hardware and software
• Assist in the management of software licenses and deployment
• Keeping up to date with emerging technologies and finding implementation methods to increase productivity for executives
• Partner with engineering and cross functional organizations on solutions for the executive functions being supported
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications
• Experience with home audio video conferencing
• Experience working with external technical vendors to troubleshoot or deploy hardware
• Installed and configured office networking and wifi solutions
• Experience dealing with Physical Security home configurations
• Well organized, ambitious, and proactive
• An innate curiosity and drive to fill knowledge gaps and connect the right people
• An understanding of network, storage and workstation architectures will be crucial to understanding production support issues and identifying solutions
• Working knowledge and ability to speak intelligently about operating systems (windows 10, OSX, linux), networking (IP address spaces, DNS, ports), network storage (SAN, NAS), workstation hardware (GPU's, memory, etc..), MS Server, and Google Apps for Business.
• Familiarity with DCC's in the M&E workflow including software built by Autodesk, The Foundry, Adobe, and Avid.
• Experience directly supporting production in the Media and Entertainment space
• Experience with ticketing systems such as Zendesk, Spiceworks, Jira
• Familiarity with Google Apps for Business including Drive, Sheets, Drawings, and Docs
• Comfortable working in a fast paced and fluid environment
• Willing to travel worldwide to provide support as needed
• AV: Video Conferencing knowledge (Google Meet experience preferred); Home Integration experience; Extensive Networking knowledge
• IT: Experience supporting executive level employees; Ability to architect simple technical layouts and upgrade systems; Reliable technical troubleshooting and customized implementation; Translate technical solutions with different levels of tech expertise; Stakeholder management and good data/documentation management
• Security: Social Media Security knowledge; Security Cameras, a plus; Foundational experience with Network Security