Associate Producer, Product Creative Strategy
Netflix aspires to provide great entertainment for people everywhere from the world's best creators across movies, TV series, documentaries, comedy and more. Our members have control over what they watch, when and where, all with no commercials. It's an amazing time to join the Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment. If you are a talented public relations executive with a passion for content and entertainment, keep reading!
About the Role
We are looking to hire a go-getter, creative events manager who can lead the development and delivery of world class events from live to virtual and everything in between in Japan. You should not be afraid to push the envelope and bring new ideas to the table, as well as experiment with the latest tools and technologies to elevate our events into unique-to-Netflix experiences. You will have amazing attention to detail, the ability to see the big picture and clearly articulate your vision to internal and external stakeholders, as well as the ability to partner seamlessly, and execute flawlessly in Japan and for Japanese Content in partnership with the regional team of seasoned professionals who specialize in events.
Reporting to the PR Director for Japan, the role combines project management with partnerships, strategic thinking, execution and the smart use of resources for maximum impact. You will need to have strong cross-functional relationships to create, shape, execute and manage events for Netflix content. The successful candidate will be curious about promotional efforts - paying attention to creativity, concept, quality, and time constraints - and will seek to add value and improve campaigns with new and innovative event ideas.
• Creative conceptualization, crafting of creative proposals and quotations
• Partner with key stakeholders across multiple disciplines to align on the narratives to build through events
• Resourceful strategic thinker and creative problem solver
• Ability to pivot quickly and maintain a positive attitude and sense of humour
• Informed captain on all things events, proactively collating feedback and perspectives from cross-functional partners, including title and market publicists, Photo & AV Studio, Editorial & Publishing, to deliver impactful event campaign strategies
• Produce creative and well-executed experiences that are consumer-centric and unique to Netflix
• Adaptable to hybrid or virtual events, with knowledge of what it takes online and off, including the latest tools, platforms and technologies to bring our vision to life
• External vendor and agency management and supervision
• Provide team with strategic direction on sourcing of venues, vendors, entertainment and event related requirements
• Superior project, budget and time management skills, within tight deadlines
The candidate must:
• 10+ yrs of events experience preferably from the entertainment industry that includes managing, executing, planning and staffing events at an agency, studio, network or with a brand (experience in film or television awards campaigns is a bonus)
• A self starter who is able to work independently, and under pressure, while consistently exercising sound judgement even when faced with ambiguity
• Articulate what is and is not required to deliver a successful campaign
• Be transparent and unafraid to challenge, ask questions or call out obstacles
• Agile with meticulous attention to details
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done
• Excellent communication in Japanese and English fluency is a plus
The Netflix culture attracts talents who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion, and curiosity. Read our culture memo (available in Japanese). If it resonates with you, maybe you're the right person to join our team.