Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with over 247 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films, and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
We are looking for a talented event professional, who will be based in the Mexico office, to join a team that is spearheading promotional campaigns across Latin America. Join us for a chance to strategize, plan and execute events across external-facing corporate initiatives and advertiser events in Mexico as well as oversee guest operations for all consumer and external-facing corporate events. We need an expert who will understand the different cultures and idiosyncrasies of the markets in the Latin American region.
The mission of the Events team is to provide a consistent, high quality experience to all audiences in our events across Latin America in order to fuel fandom for our titles and talent.
• The Mexico Ads Events Manager will play a key role in strategizing, executing and managing events in collaboration with the Ads Marketing team, Mexico Publicity and Marketing teams as well as LatAm Events, working across industry events, series and films. The role will manage a wide range of events such as Industry moments, red carpet premieres, influencer activations as well as experiential marketing campaigns and digital engagement. The ideal candidate has broad event experience business to business and has worked with Advertisers, worked with events for film, TV or entertainment brands will be a bonus. They will be able to communicate with industry stakeholders, filmmakers, talent representatives, agencies, executives and production partners on efforts. They can formulate, oversee and manage a budget, and give visibility into their process successfully. Pack your bag because travel is a requirement.
• The ideal candidate is able to make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity and thinks strategically. This person is curious by nature, an ''outside-the-box'' thinker with a passion for and understanding of experiential events and someone who is not afraid to shake things up. They can articulate what they are - and are not - trying to do. They are a good listener and a real doer, and are able to multitask and work at a clip pace. Most importantly, they can guide a team to do all of the same and work as autonomous adults. They are organized, thorough and not afraid to get their hands dirty - and that will mean jumping in to handle tasks that range from hiring an agency to plan an event, to maintaining and updating guest lists, to booking a venue themselves for an event or to working a check-in table. We are a small team, so the responsibility is wide-ranging.
• They collaborate well with partners that range from the advertisers to publicists to marketing to social to product and beyond. Strong candidates can handle a vast amount of work and are eager to learn. They are curious and also contribute effectively outside of their speciality. A good fit in the role has a candid and direct communication style, they are willing to admit to mistakes quickly and question values inconsistent with our values. They understand that sometimes the job requires delivering bad news, and they're tactful in handling such issues.
• The successful candidate for Events Manager will have 7+ years of event experience, organizing, planning, executing and staffing events at an agency, studio, network or with a brand. They are familiar with a broad range of event productions from red carpet premieres to industry moments to consumer experiences.
• Languages: Ability to speak/write in Spanish and English is essential.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re3y70-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.