Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. As Netflix continues to grow, we are venturing into exciting new frontiers of personalization and discovery to help our members find the content they'll enjoy the most. In particular, how we allow members to interactively explore and discover titles within Netflix - be it through search, voice, or UI.
We are looking for an engineering manager who will drive innovation and lead the Search & Member Driven Discovery Algorithms Engineering team. You will lead the way for a team of machine learning researchers and engineers to develop the next generation of algorithms used to engage our members in the most effective way. Your team will optimize all the aspects of our search and similarity algorithms. Through these algorithms, the team directly impacts the experience of millions of members around the world, every day. Your team will develop entirely new technologies and use state-of-the-art machine learning techniques, including Deep Learning for Natural Language Understanding and Knowledge Graphs.
To be successful you will need a strong background in machine learning, engineering, and leadership that aligns with our unique culture - be great at empowering others, giving and receiving feedback, championing new ideas, and balancing the needs of both research and engineering.
In this role you will:
• Build and lead a team of stunning researchers and engineers doing cutting-edge applied machine learning
• Help select and guide projects end-to-end: from idea, to A/B test, to production
• Partner with people from many disciplines, including product managers, analysts, application engineers, and designers
You will have:
• Experience leading in alignment with our culture values
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to partner with teams spanning across disciplines
• Broad knowledge of machine learning, with a strong foundation in mathematical and statistical methods
• Experience applying machine learning to real-world problems
• Experience leading applied research, software engineering and design efforts for production-scale systems
You will ideally have experience with:
• Building and leading a high-performing team of applied ML researchers
• ML for Search, NLP, Graph Learning, or any related domains
• Challenges in Search on Streaming Services: Netflix Case Study
• Netflix Research site
Netflix's culture is an integral part of what makes us successful, and we approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that bringing together different perspectives and backgrounds helps build stronger teams. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xz61-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.