Netflix is the largest production studio in the world. The Production Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for building the infrastructure platform that enables artist collaboration on a global scale. We work closely with peer engineering teams in Digital Production and Animation Technologies, Platform Engineering, and the other central engineering teams at Netflix.
Do you have a passion for solving customer needs with technology and making their experience the best it can be? Would you enjoy being an early hire in a highly visible space with the opportunity to build a team and shape our products? Are you interested in defining and building the technical future of the studio production platform?
We are highly collaborative and focused on building scalable and foundational services for other engineering teams. Much of the content created today happens at the intersection of technology and art, and our platform is what powers the creative applications and tools artists use to make Netflix content across the globe. Our team provides the services such as workstations and rendering, as well as systems and software foundations that power a global footprint of collaborative artist work environments both in the cloud and near premises.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to lead our Render Services team.
• Leadership: build, lead, and grow a team of back-end engineers focused on developing a scalable rendering service.
• Vision: influence rendering service design and development to deliver cutting edge functionality to serve a wide variety of use cases.
• Strategy: define a roadmap and execution strategy in collaboration with peer engineering teams, central engineering, and studio product management teams.
• Inclusion: create an environment where different backgrounds, cultures, industry and life experiences are embraced and valued.
• You have deep experience with rendering technologies, processes, and workflows.
• You are very familiar with rendering orchestration in the context of a visual effects and animation studio.
• You have built and led teams of back-end software engineers.
• You have hands-on experience building services that orchestrate large scale distributed computing workloads.
• You have led through ambiguity and are comfortable making decisions despite incomplete information and/or requirements.
• You will be trusted by your team and the organization to make impactful decisions. We also provide support through mentorship and coaching.
• You will contribute to a safe and inclusive environment by being curious and vulnerable.
• We will learn how to build the best creative experience together.
For more information on what it's like to work at Netflix, please take a look at our culture memo!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d939vz-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.