Netflix is reinventing how the world watches television. Over 200 million members around the globe enjoy our award-winning movies and TV shows, but most of our growth still lies ahead. Content Engineering is in a hyper-growth phase as Netflix continues to expand its content budget.
About the team
The Promotional Media Management Engineering (PMM) team is responsible for the digital asset management of our promotional assets for a growing number of titles with constantly evolving asset suites. The products and services on this team ensure that our promotional assets are discoverable, trackable, measurable, and reusable.
About the role
The Promotional Media Management Engineering team is hiring a seasoned leader to drive Promotional Media Engineering's most impactful projects. PMM is responsible for building products and services that enable us to manage the complete lifecycle of all our promotional assets. This team works closely with Product Management, Design, Analytics, UI and various business teams to define and implement strategies to optimize the cost and on time delivery of assets.
About the space
Promotional assets are the key to discovering content you love to watch. The Promotional Media Engineering products make it easy to tell stories about our stories. We build products to get artwork and video assets in front of our members, both on and off-service. Our backend services power products that are used internally at Netflix as well as externally by our content partners, fulfillment partners, creative agencies and freelancers that work with Netflix to curate one of the best entertainment catalogs in the world.
What you'll do:
• Team Leadership: build and lead a team of server-side engineers adept at building distributed microservices.
• Technical Vision: re-evaluate architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a growing business.
• Demonstrate technical skills to successfully drive infrastructure & tool improvements for new products and existing processes and workflows
• Product Leadership: define and execute the roadmap by collaborating with partners in Product, Design and Operations.
• Build and lead an inclusive team of great engineers from different backgrounds, cultures, industries and life experiences.
• You have experience building and leading a team of server side engineers.
• You are an innovative thinker and are comfortable pushing your own team to continue to push boundaries.
• Track record of managing large successful teams and invest in actively mentoring and coaching every member of the team.
• Ability to work through ambiguous requirements and make decisions to push forward.
• You are passionate about building highly scalable solutions with flexibility factored in to make quick pivots as business evolves.
• Experience working with a product team to build a vision for how UX, UI, and the back-end will come together on a given product or features.
• You have proven skills in building software systems in a distributed / cloud environment, deployed in a CI/CD fashion.
What Sets You Apart
• You have worked on horizontal platforms/products that serve multiple engineering teams.
• Great communication and collaboration skills working cross-functionally with multiple teams.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71kz6-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.