Senior Security Engineer, Enterprise Security
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is the world's leading internet TV network and we strive to bring engaging stories from many cultures to people all across the globe. With over 200 million members globally, the Data platform is the core foundation enabling all of our product decisions that directly impact our customer experience when they watch Netflix.
Our platform runs tens of thousands of jobs and processes over a trillion events a day. We support over a thousand data analysts, data scientists, and engineers across the company to make business decisions. Having excellent reliability for such a large and distributed cloud infrastructure is paramount to a data-driven company like Netflix.
The business of applying Data Science effectively and productively is far from sorted out. The Notebooks team exists to boost the productivity of the data science and engineering community at Netflix. This means that they can spend more time solving business problems and less time engineering lower-level systems. We're a diverse team with a shared passion for helping humans become more productive. We enable our colleagues in data science, data engineering, machine learning and analytics to rapidly, collaboratively and confidently explore and interact with Netflix data.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to make a difference building our next-generation notebooks and data platform, to evolve our operations practices, and to build infrastructure to support our continued scaling for global expansion and our shift into more advanced support for machine learning, stream processing and data visualization.
Specifically, you and your team will
• Drive the on-going vision of improving user experience of a next-generation notebooks product.
• Build scalable systems that improve the productivity of any data scientist and engineer at Netflix.
• Partner with the rest of the data platform team to drive our vision towards a 'data-driven' data platform.
• Evangelize operational best practices and continuously look for opportunities to automate and build tools to lower operational barriers, improve clarity on problematic areas, and improve reliability.
• Lead and grow a team of top-talent senior software engineers.
• You have experience in building and leading distributed teams with senior engineers to reach their potential.
• You have a high degree of empathy for users of your products. You've envisioned and seen to fruition delightful user experiences. Perhaps you even act as a product manager or designer when the need arises.
• You are a strong partner and enjoy driving cross-functional projects forward.
• You are great at strategizing vision, evolving roadmaps based on changing business needs and motivating teams to execute on them.
• You are a people leader and a technical leader.
• You have a passion for building and motivating teams to reach their potential.
• You have experience building internal developer infrastructure that is shared across teams.
• You are excited to be leading a team that is fundamental to the success of Netflix and making a big difference in revolutionizing internet TV!