Design Program Manager
Los Gatos, CA
The Messaging Engineering team at Netflix creates & delivers multi-channel messaging experiences for members and partners in the Netflix Product and Studio ecosystems. The group owns the platform, applications, channels, and messages that enables Netflix to communicate with its customers and partners.
The Member Messaging team is an experimentation focused product development team. We experiment and A/B test messaging experiences across the member lifecycle to drive engagement and retention.
Our outbound messaging channels include Emails, Push notifications, Messaging Apps, and the browser, to name a few. The team also experiments with and owns the In-App notification center and other messages shown to members across all devices.
You can read more details on some of the team's work on the Messaging Engineering @ Netflix site.
In this role, you will lead, coach, hire, and develop the engineering team that creates the Member messaging experiences. You will be a thought leader and a partner to the Product Managers, as you join them in their relentless quest and journey to create positive customer impact and learning for Netflix. You will collaborate with leaders on strategy, roadmap, and prioritization across various messaging initiatives over the entire member lifecycle. You will be responsible for the operations of the member messaging experiences and executing the product roadmap while partnering with multiple stakeholders, engineering teams, and cross-functional teams, including Design, Data Science, Content Production, and Launch Strategy.
You will be successful in this role if:
• You enjoy building teams and take hands-on ownership of hiring.
• You love motivating teams by empowering them and providing context/feedback.
• You take pride in creating a great customer-facing experience.
• You are data-driven, analytical, and quick to learn.
• You are a clear and proactive communicator.
• You can work with ambiguous requirements and take smart risks.
• You are proactive and can pivot fast to meet the needs of the product.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
• Has experience creating customer-facing experiences or products.
• Has built and led great teams that create customer-facing experiences.
• Enjoys collaborating across cross-functional teams & connecting the dots.
• Is a critical thinker and problem solver.
• Can challenge the team on technical decisions and architecture.
• Has experience solving challenging team/operational problems.
We are remote inclusive and our culture is unique. We tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix here.
Netflix is the world's leading Internet television network with over 195 million members enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.