The Company and Product Strategy
Instant streaming on devices built by partners like Roku and Sony is a core part of Netflix's strategy of ''watch anywhere on any device''. Our first partner product to support instant streaming to TVs was launched in May 2008 and is now available on 100s of products. Our partnerships include global technology providers like Roku and Google as well as many of the world's largest operators, like Sky, Reliance Jio, and Orange. The Netflix Device Platform makes this possible.
Work with our partners to add Netflix experiences into consumer electronics and operator devices. We work very closely with these engineering teams to overcome any and all challenges. A key aspect to being successful is to build technical partnerships that can scale to a number of different solutions. The functionality of our platform includes streaming playback, dynamic UI, security, and API integrations. In addition to the integration of our application, you will be responsible for certifying that devices meet the Netflix quality bar before it gets in front of our customers as well as maintaining that quality over the lifetime of the device.
You will be leading a team of experienced engineers to prototype, develop, certify, and maintain a high quality Netflix experience. You will need to work cross functionally with internal technical teams as well as external partner teams. The partner ecosystem includes 7-year-old set-top boxes, 30 dollar streaming sticks, and high end 4k HDR smart TV's. You will lead an amazing team and you will be empowered to make things happen.
Our unique company culture and values are essential to the way the Partner Engineering team operates. Learn more about the Netflix culture here.
To learn more about our teams, check out this slide deck, listen to this podcast or our tech blog for a case study from the team.
• You are a great manager who understands how to help your team get things done.
• You're comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership.
• You have a deep understanding and appreciation for the complexities of embedded software development and testing
• You ideally have a deep background in two or more of the following: Backend API (Rest/GraphQL) integration and development, embedded Linux, device drivers, embedded graphics, software development with a focus on distributed computing involving audio/video standards.
• You enjoy working in a highly cross-functional leadership role.
• You are proactive, seeking the best solutions for the company.
• You have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or comparable experience.
• You have experience building and leading teams with senior engineers to help them reach their potential.
• You will be required to travel 1-2 weeks a quarter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8mj2-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.