VP Of Engineering For Content Acquisition and Finance Systems
Los Gatos, CA
We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at a massive scale over the internet. We are focused on disrupting the media and entertainment industry by applying innovative software development and data design practices.
The storage platform team has the primary charter to deliver storage and transport products that provide file and directory access to applications and users around the globe which is performant, secure, and centrally managed. This platform is a foundational building block to multiple studio engineering products.
We are looking for a seasoned leader for the storage platform team who is passionate about leading, coaching, hiring, aligning, and delivering critical storage solutions for the business. This is a cross-functional role where you will partner, collaborate and align with the platform, studio, product, and business teams. The scope and impact of the team are rapidly evolving and growing which will provide opportunities to evolve and grow the team in innovative ways.
Who Are You?
• You are curious, enjoy hard technical problems, and are driven by big impact.
• You are experienced in hiring, leading, coaching, and growing teams across different skills and traits.
• You enjoy collaborating across cross-functional teams and connecting the dots.
• You are a clear, proactive communicator with good written and verbal skills.
• You build trust and are capable of debating and understanding different perspectives but always be driven by making the right decisions for the business.
• You lead the team with context and provide the guard rails for technical architecture, product vision, project execution, and production operations.
What (ideally) you already know or have experience in
• Storage technologies like FUSE (File system in user space), File systems, Block storage, Object storage.
• Platform development and operational experience in cloud infrastructures.
• Delivered cross-functional complex products across multiple teams.
• Building a team of stunning colleagues via hiring, coaching, context, feedback, and accountability.
• Working through quickly evolving business requirements and multiple stakeholders.
We are inclusive and our culture is unique. We tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix here.