As one of the largest content producers, Netflix Studio earned the most Emmy nominations and produced more films than any other studio. For the studio to continue to scale and produce quality content, various business teams in the Studio, Marketing, and Creative production work closely with Product partners to innovate and develop applications to support the studio operations.
In the role of Engineering Manager of Studio Tech Solutions - Creative Production & Promotion, you will be building and leading a group of Sr. Software Engineers focusing on understanding business users' use cases and developing prototypes, short-term and technical solutions for the Marketing and Creative Production org. The partnership with the product management, other engineering teams, and information security is equally important to stay highly aligned in addressing the Marketing & Creative Production org's technology needs.
With a strong background in software development in distributed systems architecture, you will provide technical guidance and inspire the team to make the best judgment around engineering practices as well as implementation directions.
You belong in this team if:
• You are motivated to build a well-balanced, high-performing team by hiring top-talents with various experiences and backgrounds.
• You are comfortable with driving high aligned goals and strategies with the business on project prioritization and roadmaps.
• You build a strong partnership with Product Management, Data Platform Engineering, and Content Engineering by collaborating effectively & selflessly.
• You are passionate about solving problems and willing to provide technical solutions at all levels of complexity (Spreadsheet to the custom app) and drive business impact.
• You find fast-paced, high-impact projects more intriguing than the long-term, well-defined projects.
• You are excited about getting familiar with the available Netflix engineering resources and paved path tools and providing development guidance to the team based on the learnings.
• You enjoy mentoring and motivating team members to follow the best engineering practices and seek personal & technical growth opportunities.
• You are committed to collaborating and strategizing with peers to optimize inefficiencies in communication and solution implementation practices.
• 8-9 years of experience in full-stack development including 4+ years of proven hands-on management experience of building & leading a talented group of developers.
• Familiar with React and at least one of the following: Python, Nodejs, Java
• Experience in cloud-based deployments
• Passionate about problem-solving and working with engineering and non-engineering partners.
• Ability to translate technical concepts into languages that the audience (business stakeholders and engineering partners) with various levels of technical background can understand to influence decision making.
Bonus if you have experience with:
• Google G Suite APIs
• Amazon Web Services
• Building a relationship with the studio/marketing business users