Design Program Manager
Los Gatos, CA
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Our team builds products to help Netflix optimize the money we spend producing world-class, award-winning, high quality, and diverse content. The goal of our team is to not only provide accurate forecasting metrics, but also to empower decision making by providing deep insights into our content spend.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager who can create a strong vision and viable roadmap as well as build and lead a team of world class software engineers. In this role you will optimize workflows across various aspects Forecasting, Financial reporting and Scheduling. You will help the team overcome technical challenges that come with the ever increasing volume and complexity of our productions -- all while maintaining the accuracy and timeliness of our financial data.
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will:
• Drive success in a flat organization with minimal process and a heavy emphasis on individual responsibility.
• Support your team by helping them understand priorities and enabling them to ignore distractions and non-productive influences
• Be an exemplar of Netflix cultureLead a team of high performing engineers who:
- Build the tools that efficiently tracks the Content Spend for all content Netflix produces or acquires.
- Ensure accuracy of forecasting by building fault tolerant systems and anomaly detection systems
- Architect and develop scalable, highly available solutions that run on AWS.
• Engineering excellence. You have experience leading in a variety of contexts, during which you've built scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant systems. You have a solid knowledge of the whole web stack: front-end, back-end, databases, HTTP protocol, cloud applications, integrations.
• Skilled at architecture: The services we build are highly scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant. Understanding the trade offs involved in building high scale architectures. We are committed to making timely decisions to ensure that our systems can continue to match our growth.
• Mentorship/ Guidance: You have a proven track record of managing a large successful team. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other engineers make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
• Execution: You care tremendously about execution and feature velocity. You hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope.
• Hiring know-how. You're a thoughtful interviewer who constantly raises the bar for excellence. You believe that what seems amazing one day becomes the norm the next day, and that each new hire should significantly improve the team.
• Are Detail Oriented: You value data accuracy and also understand the nuances of the projects in flight.
• Experience working in any studios
• Built studio productions facing tools
• Experience with AWS
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with nearly 200 million members in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.